Head of Customer Service and Support at Glowforge (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:20 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 20, 2022
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
Our vision is a world where anyone can print anything. You’re the one who makes that possible.
Our products are beautiful, intuitive, delightful, and empowering. Our customers hail from all walks of life, ranging from crafters to entrepreneurs to engineers to kindergartners (and their parents). And sometimes, they need a little help.
You can build the team that shines a light when they’re a little lost in the dark. You know how to coach support teams to be quick, helpful, friendly, supportive, and efficient - leaving customers delighted.
And it’s that delight that makes our vision possible!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining Glowforge at a strategically critical point in time. You are enthused by a challenge, undaunted by a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, collaborative, data-driven, a strong people manager, and a strong communicator.
You are a leader who can balance the need and desire to delight our customers with business constraints, budget considerations, and cross-functional alignment on resources and needs.
You will use these skills to help transform Glowforge’s Customer Success team.
- Defining goals and strategy for the Customer Success team.
- Representing the team as a part of Glowforge Leadership.
- Deciding what customer-centered initiatives to (and critically, not to) invest in at any given moment.
- Leveraging historical data to identify critical metrics relating to customer happiness and our internal operations to facilitate decisions that deliver the level of service our customers needs matched to our growth and scale.
- Managing to a careful monthly departmental budget.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure company-wide alignment on large initiatives and how Customer Success plays a role.
- Hiring, coaching and managing the leaders of the technical, service and customer experience teams and enabling their empowerment and growth.
- Developing ways to collect, analyze, and leverage data to continually improve the metrics, customer experience, team performance, and using that data to drive strategy.
You need these qualifications
- You have at least 7 years of experience leading Customer Success organizations (i.e., both technical and support agents), plus a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You’ve built customer service organizations that are efficient and beloved.
- Your past team members found you to be inspiring, efficient, and helpful, and would love to work for you again.
- You have experience supporting consumer products.
It would be nice if
- You have worked at a startup and/or a hardware company.
- You have working knowledge of common customer data platforms, sources, tools (i.e. Tableau, NetSuite, Shopify, etc).
- You have a passion for making things.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected] We'd love to have you join us.
More Information on Glowforge
Glowforge operates in the 3D Printing industry. The company is located in Seattle, WA. Glowforge was founded in 2014. It has 188 total employees. To see all 13 open jobs at Glowforge, click here.
Read Full Job Description