Head of Corporate Development at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:31 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 7, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As the leader (and sole initial member) of our Corporate Development team, you will drive M&A sourcing and execution for Verkada. The role is critical to our growth strategy as we hope to add entire teams (as opposed to one by one hiring) to add additional product lines to our property technology platform. We have an ambitious roadmap and M&A is critical to achieving it.
This role reports to the CFO and will have significant engagement with the co-founders, CTO, and VP of Product.
- Execute early stage M&A opportunities, with a primary focus on 2-10 person team acquisitions - aka “acquihires.”
- Source opportunities by engaging the start-up ecosystem (VCs, growth equity, investment bankers, conferences, etc.).
- Work with internal technical leadership to identify fit for these teams and jointly sell them on the opportunity to build products within Verkada.
- Execute on deal mechanics and onboarding of these teams.
- Success metric likely will be the number of individuals added to our team.
- You are an “outside cat:” this means someone who has sought out business or investment opportunities externally and is comfortable creating deals from a blank canvas.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build as the company scales.
- High academic achievement from a leading undergraduate university.
- Top tier MBA or Law Degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience at a leading management consulting, private equity, venture capital, investment banking or business development role in a high growth technology company.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description