The Corporate Development team is the strategic arm of the firm responsible for decisions to grow the company through strategic partnerships and help achieve organizational excellence. Our job is to help the firm survey the crypto landscape and identify opportunities that further pursue Chainalysis’ mission.
Driven by an insatiable passion for the cryptocurrency industry, the Head of Corporate Development is rigorous in their analysis, methodical, creative, and thorough in their problem-solving approach, and can build relationships with internal and external stakeholders easily. We measure success by the creation and iteration of our corporate development processes as well as your impact on key partnerships, acquisitions, or investments that propel our growth.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Conducted market research, synthesized findings and worked with the Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Leadership Team to identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Chainalysis’ mission.
- Developed a Corporate Development thesis in partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Took full ownership of the corporate development deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Assisted in the execution of acquisitions by performing financial analysis, leading due diligence in partnership with senior team members, and supporting implementation into the Chainalysis ecosystem.
- Created a strong partnership with Business Development/Alliances initiatives that promotes Chainalysis’ services and products
- Developed key internal processes and artifacts for the firm’s corporate development function including data-driven acquisition performance and “retros” on deal and integration execution.
- Supported the Chief Strategy Officer in ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
- Improved the Corporate Development team by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members.
- Established strong relationships externally with the crypto and blockchain community of entrepreneurs and investors
- Integrated with the team and seen as a senior member of the Chainalysis team, run transactions independently, and is passionate about the cryptocurrency industry
A background like this helps:
- Experience in corporate development or related fields such as investment banking, venture capital, or management/strategy consulting
- Experience in developing and implementing deal workflows and successful implementations
- Experience managing multiple business deals at once through all deal phases
- Strong experience in developing financial modeling such as market data models, revenue projections, DCF and ability to find creative solutions/deal structures
- Technical background of blockchain technology and traditional financial services markets
- International business experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentational; high attention to detail
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.