Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey. We’re growing fast and we’re looking for a talented, passionate leader to lead Business Development. This is a highly visible position that will report to our Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with colleagues at all levels.
The Head of Business Development will play a pivotal role in identifying opportunities to develop and strengthen relationships to advance our growing business. You’ll own and nurture areas of potential by developing and executing Next’s growth strategy through the identification, launch and execution of strategic partnerships. The successful candidate will collaborate with executive management to grow Next’s market and playbook and be a key external-facing leader.
What You’ll Do:
- Own creation and drive of targeted first-of-a-kind strategic partnerships
- Develop and structure value propositions, build detailed business models and projections, and operational planning
- Build relationships, contracting, and launch of such partnerships
- Drive vision and garner support in potential partnerships
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Executives to make recommendations for improvements for our products and services
What We Need:
- 3+ years’ experience developing strategic partnerships, with a prior proven strategic consulting, corporate development, or product management background
- Demonstrated project management, analytical, and modeling capabilities
- Bachelor's degree required
- Prior insurtech, fintech, or tech company focused on SMB
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.