At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, cybersecurity and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
We’ve seen incredible revenue growth so far and have branched into University Partnerships -- think of it as a startup within a startup! We’re looking for a Head of Business Development to join the team to scale revenue by establishing new university partnerships. The ideal candidate can both think strategically and dive into the details: they’ll establish strong credibility with university partners, see new deals to completion, and support internal teams and university partners through launch.
As Springboard’s Head of Business Development, you will acquire new institutional collaborators, and with them, co-create ways to bring our world-class online courses to an even wider variety of learners. You’ll leverage your existing relationships and your hunting skills alike to build out a lucrative, mission-aligned “book of business” for Springboard. Reporting to the General Manager, University Partnerships, you’ll be responsible for meeting our ambitious partner acquisition goals — and transforming thousands of lives in the process.
- In partnership with General Manager, University Partnerships, develop and implement a go-to-market plan for new partner acquisition.
- Design a coherent, effective strategy to acquire mutually beneficial business opportunities with educational institutions.
- Develop and nurture a healthy pipeline of prospective partners, moving deals from conception to negotiation and signing.
- Represent Springboard at industry events, seek opportunities to spotlight Springboard to prospective partners.
- Represent Springboard to partners, and partners within Springboard, helping each side understand the other to maximize opportunities for collaboration and impact.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure partner needs are known and met during implementation.
- Bring 5+ years of partnership acquisition / development experience within higher ed
- Have worked with institutions of higher learning and are familiar with their structures, stakeholders, and practices
- Are an exceptional communicator and relationship builder
- Possess a true entrepreneurial spirit: you’re a builder by nature — and assertive, confident, creative, resourceful, unfazed by ambiguity and change, and won’t take no for an answer
- Would make an excellent brand ambassador — you’re eager to represent Springboard and share your conviction in our unique educational model widely
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description