Global Solution Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations, Senior Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Global Solution Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations
ServiceNow is experiencing tremendous growth through the market acceptance of our cloud-based Enterprise Service Management offering. We are seeking a proven & experienced professional to lead sales strategy, planning and operations for a growing specialist sales organization. You will set business strategy, lead sales planning, establish and execute a consistent operational cadence, and generate business insights; all in close partnership with the Global Sales VP. You will bring structure and sustainable, scalable processes to support sales growth and ensure x-functional alignment while ensuring agility to keep pace with the business. This is a high visibility, high impact individual contributor role with matrixed leadership responsibilities where "win as a team" cross-functional collaboration is vital to success.
The ideal candidate will have experience serving as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to a global sales executive; delivering strategy, planning and operational capabilities in a growing organization; and partnering with sales and functional leadership to drive GTM strategy, increase sales productivity and operate efficiently at scale.
What you get to do in this role:
- Partner with Global Sales VP to set strategy, plan & execute operations
- Provide strategic insights based on solution knowledge, business trends, market dynamics, and synthesizing data to improve the sales GTM
- Own planning activities including org structure, growth projections, headcount, territory & quota setting, coverage alignment and influence comp design
- Lead large-scale cross-functional initiatives aimed at driving growth, increasing productivity and/or more efficiently scaling the business
- Identify and lead initiatives to accelerate solution sales including pipeline generation, sales campaigns, incentives and pilot programs
- Build and lead a matrixed, virtual team across various functional orgs
- Establish and execute a proactive operational cadence to ensure the health of the business (forecasting, pipeline, business reviews, etc.)
- Collaborate across Business Units, GTM Strategy, FP&A, Marketing, and others to ensure alignment & successful execution of strategic initiatives
- Produce recurring KPIs/metrics; present insights to exec leadership; recommend actions & influence decisions
- Drive operational excellence to help sales exceed its goals
- Team up with peer leaders to establish best practices, foster knowledge sharing & skills development across our Solution Sales Strategy, Planning & Ops org
- Produce executive presentations to brief & influence senior stakeholders
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years sales strategy, sales ops, consulting and/or highly related experience
- Sound business acumen; deep knowledge of sales & GTM strategy
- Keen structured problem-solving and analytical abilities; able to frame a business problem, analyze options and provide recommendations
- Adept at building trusted relationships and influencing at all levels
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner for exec audiences
- Experience challenging the status quo and setting new strategic & operational direction based on fact-based, data-driven analysis
- Sharp operational mindset; skilled at building processes to scale
- Superb analytical skills; able to translate data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated skills in business transformation, collaborating in a matrixed environment and leading large-scale programs
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives
- You are a continuous learner, enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable handling ambiguity
- You love winning as a team and always have your teammate's back
- Bachelor's degree; MBA/advanced degree preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency with Anaplan, Dynamics and BI tools is plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.