ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Global Solutions Director – Automotive Manufacturing
We are looking for a Global Solutions Director, Automotive Manufacturing to join our Global Vertical organization. The ideal candidate is an Automotive industry expert with knowledge of industry trends, pain points, business processes, system landscapes, and solutions, of an automotive manufacturer. S/he has a point of view on how digital transformation can enable new business models, transform factory operations, reduce time to market, optimize the supply chain, and differentiate the employee and customer experience. S/he has experience strategizing, architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise software solutions for the automotive industry. And s/he is passionate storyteller with the ability to communicate an innovative vision and roadmap for the automotive industry.
This role will serve as ServiceNow’s thought leader for the Automotive industry. The Global Solutions Director, Automotive Manufacturing will collaborate with customers and partners to co-develop industry solutions, work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Partner organizations to bring solutions to market, build trusted relationships with customer executives, and support account teams on strategic planning and sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
1) Industry Experience: 12+ years working in or consulting to the auto industry. A minimum of 5 years working directly for an automotive manufacturer. The ideal candidate will also have enterprise software sales experience selling into the auto industry. Familiarity with manufacturing, supply chain, sales, support, and planning business processes. Also, a solid understanding of the technology landscape and core systems use to enable the major business process of an auto manufacturer is strongly desired.
2) Solution Development: Proven track record of collaborating with internal domain experts, customers and partners to create industry-specific solutions and solution content for the auto industry. Demonstrated ability to determine repeatable industry use cases, understand technology ecosystem, craft compelling positioning and identify areas of opportunity based on total addressable market.
3) Strategic Planning: Ability to create and drive the global auto vertical strategic business plan with clear pathways to revenue targets. Ability to provide management insight and understanding on the key trends and strategic opportunities for ServiceNow in the auto industry. History of being accountable to solution revenue and pipeline goals.
4) Solution Sales Success: Passion for and track record of collaborating with global sales teams (Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Product Sales) as a trusted advisor to seed and develop strategic opportunities based on industry solutions. Experience enabling Sales on the Auto industry message, solutions and resources available, developing high touch and at-scale sales programs, and partnering with global sales teams to seed and advance strategic solution-based opportunities.
5) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common Auto industry strategy.
6) Content Development: Demonstrated ability to create and distribute internal and external content, such as sales enablement, industry thought leadership, solutions, and customer stories to drive awareness and ServiceNow’s growth in the Auto industry.
7) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to large customer audiences and build credibility with CxOs.
• 12+ years working in, consulting to, or selling into automotive manufacturing companies with deep knowledge of operational business processes, preferably including the sales, customer service, manufacturing, and supply chain domains. A minimum of 5 years working directly for an automotive manufacturer.
• Ideal candidates would have leadership experience at an automotive manufacturer or professional services firm. Have sold and delivered technology transformation projects as a System Integrator, OR have product marketing or presales leadership background at a software vendor that sells into the automotive sector.
• Business application software product marketing, sales or delivery experience is preferred over infrastructure experience
• Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
• Understanding of key repeatable industry use cases in the Automotive Manufacturing sector
• Strong communication and writing skills. Top notch public speaking skills.
• Experience creating captivating industry positioning and thought leadership
• Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and sales organizations
• Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
• Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the digital workflow technology market
• Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.