CNA has an excellent opportunity for a Field Sales Specialist to join our team for the KS & MO territory. The position will be in the field 3.5-4 days per week, and will be considered work from home/home office, along with company car
The Commercial Small Business Field Sales Specialist will focus on sales execution and business development for the commercial small business segment. Under technical direction, provides marketing, technology and underwriting support, as required, to targeted agency (e.g., local or small business) distribution plant. Drives business production and develops profitable growth opportunities with current and new distribution partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Establishes and achieves production and profitability goals within the local territory for small business by identifying key agents, new business opportunities, and new agency appointments. Additionally, identifies emerging channels - aggregators, brokers, eBusiness, banks, etc.
2. Promotes the use of CNA Sales & Service Center as a distribution option.
3. Promotes and sells CNA business technology. Acts as local agency advocate for CNA communications, customer feedback, and technology issues.
4. Responsible for the profitability of assigned small commercial agency plant.
5. Performs the following distribution management duties to include: New distributor prospecting, appointing, contract execution, and onboarding. Recommend and communicate corrective action including distributor termination.
6. Performs all or some of the following underwriting duties, as required: Reviews applications and financial requirements for risk selection. Determines acceptability of risk within their letter of underwriting authority.
7. Gathers and relays competitive market intelligence and conducts rate review analysis, as required.
8. Responsible for auditing agents that have underwriting and pricing authority to ensure compliance to company policy.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong technical expertise, sophistication, and independent judgment to manage business relationships with distributors and individual business units.
2. Solid insurance industry knowledge as it applies to business development and determining business opportunity.
3. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
4. Creativity in resolving issues and problems.
5. Results-oriented with the ability to develop tactical strategies and business plans which support organizational vision and goals.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
7. Ability to travel.
8. Ability to work independently and remotely in the assigned territory to achieve results with limited supervision.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of two to five years' experience in insurance sales or marketing. Prior experience multi-line P&C commercial underwriting experience a plus.
3. Requires a basic understanding of P&C commercial lines risk qualification with an insurance carrier or agency.