Field Representative - Insurance Inspections - Grand Rapids, MI at Verisk (Remote)
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
This is a full-time work from home position where you will get to observe a wide variety of properties, businesses, and operations through the lens of the insurance carrier. Our self-driven Field Representatives work independently to effectively plan, schedule and complete work assignments, evaluating commercial properties and businesses for drivers of risk and loss relevant to insurance underwriting, pricing and loss control.
• Perform on-site insurance surveys and interviews by appointment and create reports used to evaluate risk for multiple lines of coverage. You are the eyes and ears of our customers, identifying construction materials, business operations, fire protection systems such as fire sprinkler systems, safety measures, and other information pertaining to underwriting and loss control.
• Professionally represent customers and ISO in person, via phone and in written correspondence.
• Use your eye for detail and excellent communication skills to recognize unique customer needs and convey property conditions to the customer.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred and one year of related experience; specific field of study not required, but may include Risk Management and Insurance, Construction Management, Property and Liability Insurance, Safety.
• Ideal candidates have prior experience in insurance loss control, underwriting or claims; commercial building construction or inspections; fire safety and industrial safety occupations.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate facts clearly, verbally and written, and provide feedback. Ability to write concise and informative reports to quality standards.
• Strong proficiency for technology, laptops, mobile devices, MS Office suite and mobile applications.
• Ability to observe onsite conditions, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and travel to and from all sites. Job may involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs., regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods, environments and weather. Walking, standing and driving for extended time periods may be needed.
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies required.
• Overnight travel (in and out of state) required in accordance with business needs.
• Ability to assimilate and learn new material through classroom, exercises and on-the-job field training.
• Professional designations (e.g., CFPS, CSP, ARM, ALCM, NFPA and/or CPCU) are desirable.
* Candidates work remotely from their own home office; high speed internet connection required.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.