Executive Director of Business Development at Toyota Connected North America (Dallas, TX)
Executive Director of Business Development
Toyota Connected is growing rapidly and looking to hire an Executive Director of Business Development who has a proven track record of driving customer and revenue growth in the connected car and mobility space.
- Develop and implement aggressive business development and customer acquisition strategies aligned with current or identified products, services and markets within the connected car and mobility space
- Expand existing products into new Toyota global markets by identifying needs, understanding fit, and negotiating sales
- Help define our Global Sales Strategy: Develop, implement and iterate customer-focused strategies that achieve and sustain targeted growth across different geographies, segments, use cases, and personas.
- Work closely with Product Strategy to provide feedback on identified markets and customer needs for both new and existing products
- Lead business development efforts to sell modified, modular, or off the shelf existing products into new markets outside of Toyota related to our mobility vision.
- Design and execute market analysis (e.g., trends, size, competitive landscape) to identify and pursue new business development opportunities with new products or modified products
- Constantly monitor market, competition, and customer/team feedback to create customer requirements, iterate sales approaches, and refine effective value propositions.
- Understand, monitor, and achieve sales goals, generate metrics and reports, and identify and address improvement areas.
- Manage end-to-end deal execution for new customer and partner opportunities working across commercial, product, legal and regulatory teams
- Lead negotiation efforts in collaboration with legal to bring in new customers and take new products to market
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leaders to prioritize the right product outcomes for both short-term success and long-term growth goals
- In-depth knowledge and business development experience in expanding IOT, Automotive, Connected Car, and/or Mobility solutions into new markets.
- Deep experience in technology sales methodologies with excellent closing and negotiation skills.
- Experience selling products to large competitive companies required with experience selling to large automotive OEM’s preferred.
- Proven success in establishing relationships across all functions of the organization
- Experience working with complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, products, and solutions.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales quotas and timelines.
- Experience maintaining accurate sales data and managing a disciplined forecast process to facilitate accurate business planning and well-informed decision making.
- Well-developed business acumen. Understanding of data monetization and SaaS sales economics.
- Proven success in selling B2B and B2C connected car and mobility solutions to VP and C-level executives.
- Demonstrate experience in successfully recommending strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and ensure strategic sales plans complement market place needs.
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a Bachelor’s Degree would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,500 Training Budget to help you grow and develop your professional skills.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Hybrid work schedule to allow for a blend of in office and remote work coming in June 2022!
- Home office stipend of $1,000 to help furnish an ergonomic remote office.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- Adoption Assistance of $5,000 for regular adoptions or $6,000 for special needs. We know adoption costs can add up, and we want to help.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested day one.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Generous vehicle allowance for new and leased Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Scratch that vehicle payment off your monthly bills!
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Annual fitness reimbursement to help you balance your overall health without breaking the bank. We also have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches when working onsite. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.