Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
If you love being the driver in assessing high impact support issues and taking ownership to influence internal and external teams to resolve and follow up, then this role is for you.
Do you want to help our most complex customers be successful with our tools?
Do you handle stressful situations well to see through the fog and find solid resolutions?
The Escalation Manager is a critical customer service role within Atlassian’s Support organization, working internally with Support Leadership, Product Management, and Development teams, as well as externally with key strategic customers and partner experts, to coordinate and drive the resolution of critical issues.
Transparency in line with our Values (Open Company, No BS) is key and is achieved by providing timely and accurate updates to senior management and customers regarding active critical issues, as well as important details on the status of the customer relationship with senior management.
- You will be the main point of contact and responsibility on selected customer issues and concerns
- Help identify hot accounts and potential critical issues
- Resolve our customer's critical situations by effectively partnering with functional leads in Customer Support/Success, Technical Account Management, Partner Services, Development, and elsewhere as required by the issue
- Develop and maintain a prioritized Issue List and Action Plan to handle concerns and drive resolution across multiple teams, including executive engagement as required
- You will run a regular meeting cadence & communications with internal and customer contacts, managing customer expectations on status and timelines
- Assess & evaluate the criticality of the situation, understand business impacts of key problems, and report back on the current status of those issues
- Develop and communicate periodic reports to communicate status on landmarks
- Hold scheduled conference calls with key customer accounts
- Responsible for oversight / reporting on all blocking issues, evaluating escalation performance metrics
- Identifying trends, collaborating with our Engineering organization on product defects and trends
- Educate and promote standard methodologies for demonstrating Premier Support with customers and Partners
More about you
- You have the ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple activities & issues at a time, from inception to resolution
- You have excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills with specific experience in leading and handling customers through meaningful issues to successful resolution
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams for complaint investigation, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective/preventative actions
- You have a proven technical background to understand wide-ranging support issues & ask discriminating questions.
- Ability to quickly assess business impact of an issue and effectively gather the appropriate resources that will drive the issue to resolution.
- Ability to effectively lead crisis situations
- You exemplify strong analytical skills, use available metrics and innovate with new benchmarks
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.