The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
This is a hybrid role which allows the flexibility of working from home a few days a week, and from our Birmingham campus a few days a week. Your work location will ebb and flow depending on you and your family's needs, as well as the needs of the team. When on-site, you will love working from one of Alabama's most beautiful, and technologically advanced professional campuses.
The Enterprise Architecture Solutions Architect is accountable for proactively driving deliverables that help guide the direction of technology solutions and business outcomes within Protective. These solutions may include systems (applications, technologies, processes, and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services. The person selected for this role will leverage and implement technology solutions to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities that will help drive the organization's targeted outcomes.
Your day-to-day (but don't worry, we'll keep it interesting)
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system impacts, gather, and adjust requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Manage and lead the development of the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture
- Participate in the identification of the impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures, or culture) of the solutions
- Create and document solution architecture design and analysis work
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised
- Participate in Program and Project Planning activities, discovery and solutions demonstrations based on team’s software development framework.
- Take an active role in acquisitions including discovery and integration planning efforts
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation, and innovation)
- Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality to ensure teams create high-quality, well designed technical solutions
Work Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 to 10+ years of Information Technology work experience, preferably in an Architectural Planning role but not required
- Advanced demonstrated working knowledge of systems and software development concepts, practices, and procedures
- High level analytical skills and problem-solving skills; competent to work in all system analysis phases and to consider most complex business implications of applying technology to the current and future business environment
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
- Proficiency in pertinent tools and software necessary for the position
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute multiple concurrent activities
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to lead meetings professionally and effectively
- Ability to act with diplomacy in resolving conflict, consulting and in acting as an agent in charge
- Self- motivated, able to work independently and willing to self-teach and take responsibility for ongoing professional development
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 55 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description