Enterprise Sales Engineering Director (UK - Remote) at Sysdig
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve our ambitious goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Recruit and hire new Sales Engineers into the territory, and provide mentorship and training to them once onboard.
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations
- In partnership with the EMEA Sales VP, drive revenue for the territory
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory
- Maintain and grow relationships with channel partners and strategic alliances
- Interface with Sysdig product & engineering teams to tailor offering to specific customer needs
What you will bring with you
- 10+ years technical sales experience with SaaS cloud technologies, security, or enterprise software
- 5+ years of managing a sales engineering team
- Experience managing other leaders
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people - whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community
- Experience balancing multiple priorities while getting results quickly
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client-facing skills
- Ability to partner with technology leaders with deeper knowledge in various areas to help advance the goals of the SE Organization
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with all levels and functional areas of the business
What we look for
- Prior startup experience highly preferred
- People with Grit and Perseverance
- Track record of helping the team to focus on the highest value activities, all while achieving the best results through effective use of qualification and time management skills
- Software-based security
- Cloud Services (AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, VMware, Crowdstrike, Snowflake, etc.)
- Exposure to the container ecosystem, microservices, agile methodologies, DevOps modalities, and cloud security constructs
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Some of our Hiring Managers are globally distributed, an English version of your most updated Cv will be highly appreciated!