ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a Sales Director, who will be responsible for managing a team of Enterprise Sales Executives.
The Sales Director will be focused on over-achieving with strong management skills and a consistent track record of exceeding quota in a fast-paced sales environment. They will be a strategic, analytical thinker and know how to leverage data to make decisions and execute on annual and quarterly sales plans focused on selling to our Enterprise accounts.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage a team of direct Enterprise Sales Executives to drive rapid new business sales growth within a defined region
- Build and drive sales strategy for the territory in conjunction with Sales Operations to effectively Go-To-Market including understanding the competitive landscape, presence and strength within the territory
- Actively engage in territory planning, relationship development and opportunity development while driving revenue by assisting Sales Executives in closing opportunities
- Recruit, coach, and mentor team members to drive excellence
- Develop territories and quota for the sales team and set performance expectations within the team
- Manage and report accurate forecast and pipeline to the business
- Achieved sales goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Act as the subject matter and ServiceNow expert in C level meetings in order to leverage our offering
- Build effective working relationships with Solution Consulting, Technical Support, Professional Services, Legal, Sales Operations, Marketing and team, Solution sellers and the ServiceNow executive team
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Extensive track record of new business sales success, within Enterprise Software including presentation and negotiation skills within industry and at C Level within the market
- Strong success in recruiting, coaching and managing an exceptional sales team
- Strong strategic thinking including analytical and financial planning skills to meet and exceed quotas and goals
- Experienced in driving sales process and building effective working relationships with Sales Operations and Deal Desk
- Ability to understand the 'bigger picture' and business drivers
- Ability to build long term strategic and senior level relationships
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Travel up to 50%. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, travel requirements are limited until further notice
- A Bachelor’s degree; an MBA is a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.