Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world's largest fully remote company .
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and scale a world-class sales development team for one of the world's fastest growing and most disruptive companies. You will need to leverage your experience, skills, and creativity to help us continue our incredible growth.
You will be responsible for managing end-to-end Sales Development Operations targeted towards acquiring new enterprise clients. You will lead the success of a high-energy team of Sales Development Representatives. Collaborating with marketing and lead-generation teams to plan and execute SDR goals, strategy and tactics to grow the Toptal brand.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Coach and lead the team as they do the following:
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities from lead-generation activities and outbound cold-calling into targeted accounts.
- Interact with prospects via phone and email to explain Toptal vision, identify opportunities, and generate interest.
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate sales representative, educating reps as necessary about the opportunity, and recommending appropriate follow-up action items.
As a team lead, you will:
- Hire, onboard, train, and manage SDRs.
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards that help the SDR focus on maximizing performance.
- Work with Sales and Client Partner teams to optimize lead and pipeline creation.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal's model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month you will:
- Be integrated into your team and the Toptal process.
- Lead regular 1:1s with each team member.
- Joint call with the SDR's coaching them and providing feedback.
- Be an active member of the SDR and ESE leadership teams contributing excellence.
In the first three months you will:
- Be an integral part of the SDR team and hiring leaders.
- Continue to lead a team exceeding monthly and quarterly KPI's.
- Prove success of the SDR function and process by successfully generating leads that generate revenue.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale the impact of the SDR function as you optimize the sales development process and build out your team to 10+ people.
- Collaborate closely with the Toptal Growth Team and Enterprise Teams as we execute strategic initiatives.
- Be an integral part of the on-boarding and promotion of the SDR team you hire and lead.
In the first year you will:
- Find incremental improvements to a high performing team.
- Hire many SDR's and promote many SDR's.
- Be a contributing leader to an ever expanding SDR team.
- Continue to collaborate closely with the Toptal Growth Team and Enterprise Teams as we execute strategic initiatives.
- Prior experience as a Sales Development Representative is a must.
- Experience with Outreach.io, Salesforce, Hubspot, and modern lead-generation tools is a must.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience is preferred.
- Be a creative, process-oriented person skilled at building relationships and composing effective communications.
- Have a metrics-oriented mindset with an aptitude for tracking progress and setting and meeting goals.
- Have a talent for writing compelling emails and subject lines for prospecting, directed to a technical/senior audience.
- Be comfortable in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #us #LI-DN1 #LI-REMOTE