Enterprise Advocate, Halp Team at Atlassian
This is an Inside Sales role based in the United States. Halp is a new product in the Atlassian portfolio and our small but mighty high-velocity sales team is focused on rapid growth of our customer base in the most efficient way possible.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter (startup experience is a plus!) that has a consultative sales approach, great demo skills, and enough technical knowledge to configure accounts and troubleshoot issues along the way. No coding required. We're looking for someone with 5+ years of successful B2B quota-carrying experience in a product-led SaaS organization selling to customers in the SMB through Enterprise spaces.
In This Role
- You'll be managing and expanding an existing book of business while demoing and closing an inbound pipeline of active Halp trials that range from 10 employee startups to 10,000 employee enterprises.
- You'll have several demos and configuration calls every day, from 1:1 demos that are automatically scheduled for you - to 1:Many weekly webinars to demonstrate product functionality to large groups of new and existing customers.
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce.
- You have previous experience as a BDR/SDR before you moved into a quota carrying role. No prospecting is required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of sales experience in SaaS
- Great presentation/demo skills
- Opportunity and deal management with little supervision
- Ability to thrive in a startup-minded, very fast paced selling environment that is growing 10X/year
More about our team
Halp is a conversational ticketing system built into the tools you already use like Slack and Microsoft Teams. Slack, Home Depot, Roku, Uber are just a few of our customers using Halp to create and manage IT helpdesk, deal desk, and operations requests without leaving the conversation. We are a relatively small team originally based in Boulder, CO before our acquisition by Atlassian in May, 2020. We're all about rapid development, stunning growth (9X/year) and we consider our colleagues to be our friends.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .