We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round. At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can - and will - do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!Your Impact:
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our Employer Sales Team - working with top employers across the nation to drive their early talent recruiting strategy. You will serve as the primary owner of a set book of existing employer partners, working closely with them to ensure they achieve their goals, build relationships with executives, and drive customer retention and expansion from onboarding through renewal.
As an early member of this key team, you’ll be instrumental in building a world class Account Management program for the category leading platform. This high-impact role combines equal parts sales, relationship management and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a proven record managing relationships at scale while driving renewals and expansions in a Saas technology company.Your Role:
- Effectively renew, upsell and cross-sell an assigned book of business of existing premium employer partners
- Learn your book of business inside and out to effectively position Handshake’s value proposition, always linking it back to key business issues of the customer
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels at our partners
- Develop new and creative ways to engage senior executives throughout the customer lifecycle and demonstrate Handshake’s value
- Partner closely with our Employer Customer Success Team to ensure customers adopt and are successful on Handshake
- Manage and present data and value-driven Quarterly Business Reviews
- Enlist and inspire customers to participate in Handshake events and other marketing materials
- Manage overall customer loyalty, serving as internal advocate and escalation point to customers
- Assist in identifying and developing scalable account management tools and methodologies that can be applied across the Account Management team
- Help scale internal process to support hundreds of premium employers
- Becoming a Handshake expert, learning the ins and outs of HR and higher ed Tech
- At least 4+ years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales or Account Management
- Experience preparing renewal proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Experience with an evangelical sale, selling non-discretionary software to executives at Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience managing customer relationships alongside a Customer Success team
- Experience using usage, data and results to demonstrate value and justify expansion
- An impeccable communicator with polished and professional sales presentation skills
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Hub-based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Mental Health Assistance: You’ve got a lot on your mind, which can lead to less attention on your mental health. We’re here to help and support you every step of the way.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via so that you can gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, 401k and perks.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, and book clubs! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in-person.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more! Explore our comprehensive benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.