Enterprise Account Executive at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Enterprise Account Executive, Central
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology and has quickly expanded to become a recognized leader in the security and edge compute markets. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer, and delivers custom solutions. We focus on creating a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The sales team’s focus is driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in targeted accounts in a vertical selling motion. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect, and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly bookings and revenue targets.
What You'll Do
- Accountable for driving new business and logos, while meeting or exceeding quota goals, leading all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, discovery, qualification, negotiation, path to closure, and account management
- Prepare a territory plan and use all available tools to prospect effectively, achieving activity metrics provided by Sales Managers and sales operations. Adhere to territory assignment and pass off conversations that fall into other reps' areas of responsibility
- Work with the Sales Manager to map new accounts (incl. key stakeholders and business requirements), develop account plans, and penetrate new accounts
- Effectively and autonomously deliver the Fastly company story, vertical talk track value proposition-based presentations, and product demonstrations
- Identify a prospect’s issues, recognize requirements, and effectively articulate potential solutions
- Work with Sales Management and the Deal desk to prepare and deliver compelling proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Develop a deal framework for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, results, and timelines for both sides. Be able to communicate this effectively to the customer. Coordinate Eval/POC with the customer. Validate success criteria using the appropriate testing methodology
- Accelerate customer adoption of Fastly technology and ensure customer satisfaction
- Use SFDC to maintain updated account/contact information, accurately forecast bookings and revenue, track sales activity, and build target lists
- Provide insight into the market based on first-line experience and the voice of the customer
What We're Looking For
- A self-starter with 3+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience able to demonstrate development, growth, and expansion of territory
- A technical sales background and a strong marketing and business development acumen enable them to drive an engagement at the CTO, CMO, and VP of Digital Experience levels, using ROI models and case studies to justify the need
- Experience with security technologies, content delivery network services, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery, or managed web hosting is highly utilized and desired
- Passion for working in a multifaceted, collaborative, and purpose-driven environment
- Experience running a sales pipeline and driving partnerships to closure
- BA/BS degree required, major in an Engineering or Business discipline: Finance, Economics, Marketing, etc
- Ability to travel to customer meetings, trade shows, and events as needed
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- SaaS, PaaS, UGC, or Ad-Tech market experience
- Understanding how application security impacts a large enterprise
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $177,000, which includes an annual base salary of $88,500 and the ability to earn $88,500 in commission target compensation. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.