Enterprise Account Executive - San Diego at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Paylocity's all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
What makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares about our team members, clients, and partners. People matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding, we have prided ourselves in partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave. We want to help them with what they need today while also setting them up for success tomorrow.
Let's go Forward Together.
The Enterprise Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executives at Paylocity work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven, targeting enterprise companies (500 employees and greater). The best Enterprise Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executives are hunters, capable of creating their own activity in the field and constantly looking for the opportunity to bring HCM solutions to companies. A strong predictor of success for an Enterprise Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executive is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional prospective skills, the ability to be persistent (but not pushy), and has a passion for the product.
Our corporate sales office is based in Schaumburg, Illinois. However, we are looking for Enterprise Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executives across the nation - this position is fully-remote from a home office!
Reports To: Director of Sales
- Determine prospective customers' needs for Payroll, Human Resources and more, then presenting Paylocity services to meet those needs to large organizations with 500+ employees
- Geographic travel within a defined territory
- Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Complete and obtain documentation required for the conversion of data from their previous payroll provider to the Paylocity system. Work directly with internal departments to insure the client has a smooth transition to their new payroll provider.
- Maintain contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
- Using initiative, develop prospects through cold calling, referrals, professional and personal contacts and other sources.
- Attend Paylocity-sponsored trade shows, conferences and other events to promote Paylocity services.
- Ability to meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota for your territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in a quota-driven, business-to-business sales position, experience selling to organizations with 500 or more employees at an enterprise level
- Strong presentation skills to effectively represent Paylocity and allow the client to visualize the benefits of our services
- Proficiency with MS Office applications: experience with sales automation software desirable
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation - the client ALWAYS comes first!
- This role offers a competitive salary, commissions and incentives
- College degree strongly desired
- Strong listening skills to probe further into clients' needs and expectations
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Adaptable and able to shift priorities as needed
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Our Journey Forward.
At Paylocity, we work hard to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice; feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves; and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support DEI. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more? Check out our DEI flipbook: https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $100,000-$125,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for our variable commission plan and an annual restricted stock until grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location.