Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We've evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we've changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
As part of the Sales & Marketing team, you'll help us solve challenges and succeed as you grow and understand the unique needs of our clients and tailor easy-to-use solutions to deliver the performance they need. With a position in Sales & Marketing, you'll strengthen our relationships with clients, anticipate their needs, and think outside the box to unlock new possibilities.
The Emerging Markets Account Executive is responsible for prospecting and developing small business sales relationships with potential clients and closing new and expanded sales agreements. The Small Business Account Executives at Paylocity work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven and targets small businesses. The best Small Business Account Executives are hunters, capable of creating their own activity in the field and constantly looking for that next sale. A strong predictor of success for an Account Executive, is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional good prospective skills, the ability to be persistent (but not pushy), and has a passion for what is being sold!
- Determine prospective customers' needs for Payroll, Human Resources in the mid-size client space.
- Present Paylocity services to meet those needs in a specific geographic market.
- Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Complete and obtain the documentation required for the conversion of data from their previous payroll provider to the Paylocity system.
- Work directly with internal departments to ensure the client has a smooth transition to their new payroll provider.
- Using initiative, develop prospects through telemarketing, referrals, professional and personal contacts, and other sources.
- Build relationships with CPA's as well as other referral sources
- Maintain contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
- Attend Paylocity-sponsored trade shows, conferences, and other events to promote Paylocity services
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota for your territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years' experience in a sales position
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and the Internet
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to maintain high activity standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture. We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This role can be performed from any office in the US.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $40,000 - $60,000/yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for our variable commission plan and offers a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].