ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
People love our service. Here at ezCater, our Strategic Sales teams help restaurants discover and appreciate the value of joining the ezCater Marketplace and deploying our suite of online ordering and catering management software tools. As our Director of Strategic Sales, you will be responsible for establishing and growing ezCater’s relationships with the country’s largest restaurant chains. You’ll develop strategic plans to grow our business and help ezCater achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales objectives - all while managing a high-performing sales team.
What you’ll do:
- Build, manage and develop a world-class sales team. You'll manage a team of Managers and Enterprise Account Executives, working with them to deliver rapid, profitable growth.
- Coach. You'll help your team become even better at their craft.
- Invent. We’ve been selling ezCater for 13+ years, but are always reinventing our sales efforts.
- Provide Data. Oversee the creation of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals, while keeping the GM (and more importantly the members of your team) apprised of the org's vision, goals, and progress. You’ll also identify opportunities for improved sales efficiencies.
- Hire and Train. You will also be heavily involved in learning and further developing the hiring process for our next generation of superstars.
- Collaborate. You'll collaborate with leadership across Marketing, Product and Partner Success to jointly achieve key objectives.
- Implement infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales organization.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity, while providing feedback to inform product roadmap and marketing priorities.
- Have 10+ years of sales experience with 5+ years building and managing high-performing strategic sales teams
- Have grown revenue to a large scale (like $50M+ annual revenue business)
- Understand Enterprise Sales Cycles. Our sale is multi-faceted and diverse, ranging from straightforward marketplace adoption to more technical software implementations.
- Are numbers-driven. You get that sales is a machine. You’ve got your favorite ways to measure results and Excel is your friend.
- Are a success. People have worked for you more than once.
- Are technically savvy. CRM and SFA tools are child’s play to you.
- Are nice. You play well with others – and command credibility, too.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.