Sol Systems is seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships to develop and maintain long-term partnerships with renewable energy developers throughout the United States. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be charged with developing and expanding Sol Systems developer partnership network to source project opportunities that Sol can co-develop, acquire and own, or finance. This position will focus initially within PJM and MISO as well as create a long-term plan to grow the pipeline and relationships nationally.
The Director of Partnerships will lead negotiations of long-term partnerships, joint development agreements, and joint ventures. This person will play a leadership role with the due diligence process and collaborate across Sol’s internal teams to meet the requirements of Sol System’s infrastructure funds and/or tax equity partners. This person is expected to be a source of expertise and provide strategic and tactical guidance for near and long-term initiatives.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible to:
- Helping to manage the business development team
- Bring a network of strategic relationships with development and broker partners to meet Sol Systems’ growing pipeline of corporate PPAs and tax equity investment goals.
- Maintain CRM toolset to review strategy and report out on activity that directs future efforts.
- Lead project acquisition and diligence processes and collaborate across teams to evaluate project development risks and project valuation assumptions.
- Collaborate with the executive management team to expand and maintain growth in the project pipeline by evaluating pipeline, assessing project viability, feasibility, and economics of the addressable market.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong network of industry contacts, including developers and brokers.
- Tenaciously pursues leads and creative long-term partnership structures.
- 6+ years of experience with utility-scale solar developers, owners or operators, preferably in PJM or MISO.
- Familiar with project development activities and risk mitigation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to summarize complex issues
- Comfort working in a high growth environment
- Experience managing direct reports a plus
- Willing to travel as needed to support origination and acquisition activities
Location & Hours: This is a full-time role and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other trait. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.