The Strategics Partnerships team in Business Development is responsible for collaborating with our product and customers organizations to identify and drive revenue and growth initiatives through and with our most strategic partners such as Adobe, Google, Microsoft, and Zoom.
Dropbox is seeking an ambitious Business Development Director who is passionate about technology and business strategy to own and lead a portfolio of our most strategic partnerships. In addition to relationship management and negotiation experience, this position requires critical thinking, creativity, project management, and execution skills as you'll be called upon to conceive and drive major partner initiatives while working cross-functionally with our Product, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and Finance teams. This individual will play a crucial role in the success of our product strategy and revenue targets by 1) Growing Dropbox’s core business by securing enhanced user value and new revenue streams and 2) Identifying ways to find product market fit and increase reach for new Dropbox products.
- Play an integral role in driving the strategic partnerships strategy by identifying new opportunities for partnerships across Dropbox, HelloSign, and future product lines.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering leaders to define priorities and roadmaps and execute on the strategy for initiatives with strategic partners. Work will include product alignment, business case, negotiations, integration development, GTM plans, and account management.
- Build joint business plans with our partners for initiatives, including end-to-end GTM plans as well as a robust set of KPIs, success metrics, joint accountability and governance.
- Manage technical and business negotiations, and partner with our legal team to develop and negotiate custom partnership agreements and repeatable templates to scale to broader ecosystem partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with all levels of management internally and externally to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Manage executive-level contacts with key partners, including executive relationship mapping, QBRs, and C-level stakeholder management.
- 8-10 years of experience in business development or partnership management. Experience with cloud services or SaaS a plus.
- A hardworking “0 to 1 deal-maker” who has brought a number of impactful strategic deals to life from conception to execution.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Adept at understanding and contributing to conversations with colleagues in technical functions around product specifications.
- Motivated, self-directed, and confident individual contributor who can thrive in a dynamic environment. You maintain composure in high pressure and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to develop, review and negotiate complex contracts and familiarity with standard deal structures.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Structured and analytical thinker with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans.
- Undergraduate degree