Director, Sales Vertical Accounts, State and Local Government and Education, Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum (Cleveland, OH)
- Are you an experienced SLED sales leader skilled at guiding a team dedicated to maximizing revenue within strategic state, local and education accounts?
- Can you lead a geographically-dispersed team while developing and implementing engaging sales strategies and programs?
- Do you excel at working with large clients and deals while managing a metrics driven sales program for smaller clients?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Director of Sales for the State and Local Government and Education (SLED) vertical, you maximize sales revenue opportunities with your client and prospect base. You focus on leading a geographically-dispersed team of sales professionals through the development and implementation of engaging sales strategies and programs selling Voice, Video, Data and Managed Services solutions. You continuously improve your team through coaching, development and the preparation of performance reviews and evaluations. You are an entrepreneurial professional that can effect change and manage growth using a sharp business acumen, in-depth experience and decisive leadership skills. You serve as an inspirational leader and role model across the Sales function. You excel at directing your teams in an office environment and travel regularly to spend time with your team and their clients to achieve company objectives. You report to the Vice President of Vertical Sales for goals and guidance.
- Competitive salary with a long-term incentive plan.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide success through the active and consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Exceed revenue targets, service levels and quality assurance by developing and implementing innovative strategies and a detailed budget.
- Improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of sales and services by managing the development and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Ensure a successful sales cycle through the definition of strategic programs for business clients.
- Increase sales and client satisfaction by coaching your team on consultative sales techniques and providing training support.
- Adhere to company-wide goals and objectives by collaborating with executives and leadership team members.
- Maximize the Sales department by providing training support as needed for internal team members.
- Enhance operations through the implementation of commercial services product and procedure updates within a region.
- Communicate with senior leadership and key stakeholders by attending conferences and meetings.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of telecommunications, internet service provider (ISP) and high-speed data (HSD) experience.
- Four or more years of experience as a Sales Manager in a business-to-business (B2B) environment emphasizing the Enterprise sector.
- Ten or more years of general management experience in a competitive sales environment.
- Demonstrated history of leadership positions in high-volume, fast-paced environments requiring teamwork, flexibility and change management.
- Direct experience with strategic and major accounts programs.
- Proven track record of budgeting, resource management, communication and planning skills.
- Solid organizational development and business skills.
- Knowledgeable in telecommunications and networking technologies.
- Familiar with Salesforce or similar client resource management (CRM) tool.
- Valid and active state driver's license, a safe driving record and the availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- A passionate and client centric sales leader with a proven history of placing the client at the center of every thought, decision and action in order to drive top line revenue growth.
- Skilled at developing technology sales professionals to effectively resolve client business issues.
- Track record of leading a metric driven go-to-market sales model.
- History of exceeding revenue targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) through the development and implementation of innovative sales strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).