Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for 'Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
As the Director of Sales Performance Incentives, you will have the opportunity to lead a function responsible for every aspect of the direction, design, and execution of sales compensation to drive our continued growth for the Global Sales and Partners Organization. You are a strategic-minded operational leader passionate about driving growth, scalability and efficiency in Dataminr's sales compensation. This is a highly visible role that partners directly with the Head of Sales, VP of Sales Operations and Strategy and collaborates with senior GTM leaders across the world.
You are passionate about solving ambiguous problems and have the initiative and intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas and recommend solutions. Both a strategic thinker and able to execute operationally, you are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to dive deep in analyses and models, while also keeping the big picture and practicality in mind. Finally, you will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly and build a strong relationship with business partners.
- Lead all aspects of sales compensation and act as the subject matter expert for sales compensation for the COO and Sales Leadership
- Partner with Dataminr's sales leaders to understand the needs of the teams, and design a customized strategy and plan that aligns with Dataminr's corporate goals and strategy
- Continuously seek to enhance, automate, and optimize our compensation systems to ensure scalability while maintaining accuracy
- Analyze sales performance data to inform initial design and results
- Work in tandem with the Finance organization on timely payouts and predicting the cost plans and programs, as well as analyze feasibility by assessing financial and systems readiness
- Design quota models for various sales segments such as Sales Development Representatives, Account Executives, Customer Success, and more
- Document sales compensation plans and policy, and implement change management processes to ensure timeliness of the information
- Recommend and implement sales compensation plans to incentive our sales and partner teams
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of Sales Compensation, Operations or Sales Strategy experience
- 3+ years of driving Incentive Design programs
- Business partnership experience with executives and upper management
- Strong ability to conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights, and recommend actions
- Ability to effectively manage your time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working across offices and regions on global projects
- Strong presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations and strong financial models
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Slides, Google Sheets) or Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Proficiency in commission automation software such as CaptivateIQ