Director of Sales Enablement at Pulumi (Remote)
We are looking for a passionate Director of Sales Enablement that is excited to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can harness the power of the cloud.
The Director, Sales Enablement is an integral to the success of the Pulumi sales organization. This is a founding enablement role and Pulumi is timing this role to get ahead of the problems that occur with scaling and not giving enablement the priority it deserves. Sales Enablement will be delivered through the global sales organization and this individual reports to the CRO. Responsibilities include implementing and evolving our sales methodology, delivering relevant training programs for onboarding and continued learning, providing targeted coaching, optimizing sales resources, and equipping leadership with actionable insights by leveraging cutting edge analytics and technologies. We understand a well run and well executed enablement program will have an overwhelmingly positive impact on the sales organization and the company as a whole.
Pulumi is a deeply technical sale. To be successful, new sellers need to master highly technical and complex technology concepts. The Director, Sales Enablement is a featured part of the team built to strategically train our sales force from early onboarding through their “ramp” period, and then keep sellers trained and educated as Pulumi grows its world class cloud engineering platform. This leader will drive performance through instructed learning, certification programs and help to instill command of our messaging in collaboration with marketing, sales and product management.
At Pulumi you will be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with an elite team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This position will be remote in the United States.What we are looking for:
- Officially establish and lead our sales enablement program
- Support and own sales enablement strategy and delivery directly supporting roles including BDR/SDR, Corporate Account Executives, Enterprise Sales and Customer Experience
- Own training onboarding programs and eLearning curriculum specific to the Sales organization at large
- Drive continuous learning beginning with onboarding and building through recurring educational initiatives
- Facilitation of in-person & virtual trainings with domain expertise and passion
- Development of content that makes complex concepts easy to understand
- Providing subject matter expertise to the field through both eLearning, remote learning, and in-person sessions
- Leverage our suite of enablement and sales tools to enhance development and accelerate productivity
- In addition to managing key projects, this leader is also expected to contribute significantly to the design, development, and iteration of new and existing training content working hand in hand with sales leadership and subject matter experts.
- 5+ years in sales enablement and customer facing roles
- Experience leading enablement teams training sellers of various levels of seniority both in-person and remotely via Zoom or similar technology
- A high degree of confidence and poise when presenting to a sales audience and executives - the ability to see the ‘big picture’ when facilitating and manage a room
- A track record of developing impactful strategic programs
- Experience implementing Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, developers and open source technology a plus
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through - can own and take tasks through to completion
- Interpersonal skills- ability to network inside the company, create relationships and source input
- Willingness to travel as appropriate (20% of the time)
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.