Director of Sales Development at FreeWill (Remote)
FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $5 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 200+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure. Check us out on Glassdoor!
About the Role
The Director of Sales Development will lead a remote based team of high-performing Sales Development Representatives and front line Managers in growing an innovative, productive, and sustainable sales pipeline. This is a high-profile sales strategy and operations role that has second-line management responsibility and will sit on the sales leadership team. It requires someone that wants to inspire and develop young talent and is excited to build a long-lasting Sales Development Program.
The Director of Sales Development is responsible for co-creating and maintaining a program that develops FreeWill’s next generation of Account Executives. You will collaborate with Enablement, Revenue Operations, Marketing and Sales to create and maintain the Sales Development Representative Onboarding, Training and Coaching Program. This program will train them to identify, prospect, develop and qualify sales opportunities, and prepare them to graduate into roles in our Account Executive organization within 18- 24 months.
The right candidate is someone that has worked in both GTM strategy and operating roles, ideally with experience in management, data analysis and functional leadership.
FreeWill has set compensation and a non-negotiation policy for fairness reasons (we don't think that an individual's pay should be determined by how comfortable they are negotiating). As a result, we like to be transparent and up front about the compensation. When we make an offer, we provide multiple options so that employees can choose between compensation packages that prioritize salary or stock options. The offers for this role will be between $125,000 and $145,000. This position also qualifies for commission. We also have historically offered competitive annual raises.
What You'll Do
- Run day to day lead generation operations for the sales organization through strong partnerships with our cross-functional GTM teams to optimize, measure and predict our Top of Funnel lead metrics
- Manage and lead a team of 4+ first-line managers and 20+ Sales Development Reps
- Guide the hiring, training and ongoing coaching for the SDRs
- Sustain and grow the SDR program over time
- Managing an effective and scalable sales development process that generates leads while providing a career development ground for SDRs
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop and execute on lead generation campaigns and other tactics to drive pipeline growth across Marketing & Sales
- Engaging closely with internal partners, you will develop, deploy and maintain a robust lead generation process
- Managing, building and encouraging sales or sales development teams to achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets
- Scaling an inbound sales development team and processes to complement our existing outbound sales development teams
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop and execute on lead generations campaigns and other tactics to drive pipeline growth across Marketing & Sales
- Through analyzing our data, bringing innovative ways for continuous process improvement, contributing to the team's growth and success of the broader Sales team
- Meet regularly with key senior stakeholders, reporting on team results and leading conversations about business direction, what we need to do to ensure success and how we successfully deliver
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real-world interactions with prospects and customers
- Retain a culture of agility and speed while growing the focus on metrics, measurement, and building for scale
- Provide ongoing mentoring and development of the front-line managers - this includes recruiting, onboarding and training new Managers, team events and culture building
- Work with our enablement teams to ensure the appropriate onboarding, training and coaching needs are flagged and executed on
- Consistently monitor productivity by working w/RevOps to CRM dashboards and reports
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Previously managed SDR teams of at least 20 people
- Previously managed a team of 2+ SDR managers
- Experience working with Marketing and inbound lead generation teams
- Sales Development Representative experience
- Account Executive/ Quota carrying sales role experience is helpful but not required
- Outstanding communication, presentation, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot & Salesloft is strongly preferred but not required
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.