At Berkeley Lights, we help scientists around the world find the biology that cures disease. We do this through our propriety system technology that screen thousands of live single cells in parallel for use in various applications including antibody discovery, cell line development, T-cell analysis, and synthetic biology. So, what does this mean for our customers in the biopharma, CRO/CDMO and academic space? It means the capabilities we have developed represent a technological leap in high-throughput screening and can be used to unlock new insights in functional biology research and dramatically accelerate therapeutic discovery, development, and manufacturing from hours or days—not weeks or months.
Being a part of Berkeley Lights means being a part of the biology revolution we are living in. You will help create outcomes for enabling better human health. We do this through being innovative, customer centric and committed to quality in all we do. We seek out others to join our team who are passionate, highly collaborative and dedicated to deliver that next technology breakthrough.
We welcome you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
Berkeley Lights is seeking a Director of Regional Sales who will be responsible for leading a team focused on sales and services of the company’s cell processing platforms and consumables across the West Americas region. As a member of the BLI’s Global Commercial Management team, this role has direct line responsibility for leading sales and services teams for the West Americas region. The individual in this role will be responsible for managing the entire sales process to achieve strategic business goals and objectives. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing regional commercial activities in alignment with commercial leaders. This role will play a key role advising company leadership on commercial strategies in support of regional growth opportunities. They will also be responsible for creating and executing strategies and activities to meet P&L targets for the West/East Americas Region. This individual will be expected to take a hands-on, fully-involved approach leading in the field, acting as an integral influencer with the sales team, key customers, and industry thought leaders.
This role will also require a high-level interaction with customer-based decision makers, providing a consultative sale in conjunction with their direct reports. The goal is demonstrating to customers the advantages BLI’s platforms provide in discovery and workflow process improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support of annual growth targets to achieve corporate revenue goals
- Overall responsibility for sales of BLI Platforms which serve Pharma, Biotech, CROs, CDMO’s, Government and Academic markets in North America
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching for all direct reports. Continue to expand the West/East Americas Region field sales and services team as needed, with the appropriate resource level to achieve target goals
- Provide leadership and strategic insight to regional marketing activities
- Support and drive sales process improvement
- Collaborate with cross department business partners in joint strategic initiatives
- Drive success in the field by traveling with the team, visiting customers and participate in conferences
- Actively engage in industry associations and meetings to acquire knowledge and identify relevant business opportunities
- Provide market intelligence in North America to develop a strategy and deployment of tactical plans aligned to accomplish revenue goals
- Consistently monitor performance metrics and identify gas and plans for addressing those gaps
- BLI is looking for a talented and driven sales leader who is passionate about BLI’s products and joining a young, fast growing company with disruptive technology. Ideally, the individual will have built commercial teams previously, and has a lot of energy and drive setting the pace for the team in North America.
- Experience managing field sales teams and/or regional sales leaders with ownership of revenue delivery
- Experience in sales management selling into the life science or antibody therapeutics industry. Background in entrepreneurial, mission driven selling environments is essential
- Significant experience in Antibody Therapeutics/Life Science Tools market, including the launch of novel products is a preferred.
- Exposure to Cell Analysis/Culture products desirable
- Experience building and leveraging a strong understanding of customer business models to connect Berkeley Lights’ competencies with customer needs
- Proven track record in selling life sciences capital equipment and associated ongoing consumable product revenue streams is ideal
- Successful track record of success in growing revenue, market share, and high performing teams
- Advanced knowledge of the life sciences marketplace, key trends, account segments and customer needs
- Advanced degree in sciences, PhD and/or MBA is desirable
- Action oriented with a strong sense of urgency, discipline, commitment, and organization with regards to commercializing new products and achieving Company objectives
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to establish cross-functional multi-level relationships
- Provide direction and input to global strategic initiatives/issues, and to product teams
- Sharp business acumen with a focus on the customer, and resilience to adapt to new and evolving business models
- Excellent, influential presentation skills with ability to present complex topics to both internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Outstanding leadership qualities with exceptional team building skills
- Well organized and prepared; results and goals oriented
- Effectively supervises and mentors team members through expression of positive demeanor and teamwork
- Ability to think “out of the box” and readily contribute in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate for organizational & personal success
- Strategic and creative leader with ability to skillfully manage, motivate, inspire and direct others within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is effective January 1, 2020. Please read our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure Form regarding the CCPA and Berkeley Lights’ required disclosures about the collection of personal information.
More Information on Berkeley Lights, Inc.
Berkeley Lights, Inc. operates in the Biotech industry. The company is located in Emeryville, CA. Berkeley Lights, Inc. was founded in 2011. It has 283 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 11 open jobs at Berkeley Lights, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description