Director, Partner and Account Management at VolunteerMatch (Remote)
The Director, Partner & Account Management, will report to the Vice President, Partnerships and Customer Success helping to fulfill the mission at VolunteerMatch, a universal platform strengthening the ethos and impact of volunteering at massive scale. This role works closely with all members of the Solutions team as well as other members of the extended Client Support and Product team.
The goals of the Director, Partner & Account Management are:
- Accelerate adoption of VolunteerMatch’s Open Network API subscription products and services
- Collaborate with members of the VolunteerMatch team to build business and increase engagement with customers
- Deliver solutions to partners and customers by understanding and qualifying their needs and communicating VolunteerMatch’s current and future products and services.
- Manage partners and accounts that leverage the VolunteerMatch API to engage volunteers and nonprofits.
- Manage relationships with large-scale entities that drive network participation and revenue (e.g. Workplace Giving Platforms, AmeriCorps, California Volunteers,, etc.).
- Cultivate and steward relationships to upsell current customers with services, education & training, sponsorship, and/or custom development work.
- Secure renewals for existing customers.
- Maintain CRM system with timely and accurate information related to the partners and accounts in the portfolio.
- Use data and analytics to inform decision-making and understand the markets in which VolunteerMatch operates.
- Share the voice of partners and customers to inform future development of products and services.
- Work collaboratively across VolunteerMatch’s teams and functions (i.e. marketing, product, engineering, customer support) to develop and implement customer-facing tools and resources that support the successful use of VolunteerMatch products and services.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing a sales pipeline, cultivating customers and closing deals.
- Demonstrated experience selling API products and services.
- Five or more years experience working in sales or account management in technology-related organizations .
- Five or more years managing complex partnerships, account management and customer experience.
- Skilled in technology, problem solving, creativity, planning and project management
- Strong communications, story-telling, data analysis and reporting skills.
- Brings a learning orientation and familiarity with design thinking and customer development.
- Passionate team-player who can contribute your talents towards promoting social responsibility.
- Familiarity with ESG, corporate social responsibility and volunteer engagement.
- Experience using CRM and Issue Management software (We use Hubspot, Jira, and Zendesk).
- Occasional travel required.
Compensation: Base salary range of $80,000 to $100,000 per annum, depending on prior experience of the candidate, plus competitive benefits.
VolunteerMatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.