Director, International GHAS Sales at GitHub (Remote)
From open source to DevOps, organizations are looking for new ways to speed up software delivery—but still rely on traditional security tools. GitHub Advanced Security helps teams build safer code faster with the world’s most advanced semantic code analysis engine.
We're looking for a Director of Sales for Advanced Security to hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of diverse sales overlay professionals to work with the GitHub and Microsoft sales organization to drive the go-to-market strategy for GitHub Advanced Security. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become masterful in GitHub Advanced Security's capabilities in addition to being a proven enterprise sales expert that exceeds revenue goals. The role will report to the Director of Global Advanced Security Sales.
We are looking for a candidate based in Europe to manage our International team (EMEA / APAC)
- Team Development: Develop and coach a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent and prioritizing development and talent management. As a Director, you will lead by example, maintain high level customer and partner relationships and build a network in the market to promote GitHub and attract talent.
- Business Development: Develop go to market plans for Microsoft and GitHub to address market opportunity for GitHub Advanced Security and related Services. Align resources to meet business goals and be a thought leader for GitHub, its alliance partners, Microsoft to support customer goals. You will be responsible to hit aggressive sales targets.
- Network building: Build a solid network at GitHub and within our partner network. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales, professional services, channel and marketing teams to demonstrate the value of GitHub and, in turn, help our partners and GitHub Advanced Security sales.
- Risk Management: Identify account, territory and program risk and ensure any risk is mitigated. Effective communicator and presenter.
- Understand GitHub products and solutions: Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub
- 10+ years of experience developing high-performing enterprise sales or overlay sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets selling DevSecOps or Application Security (e.g. SCA, SAST, DAST, IAST or RASP) products into the enterprise market segment
- Successful management of large-scale complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Strong understanding of the MSFT sales motion and product set
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others.
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%, when it is safe and appropriate to travel
- Strong presentation skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription based licenses
- Coaching of direct reports in pipeline and opportunity management and account planning.
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Experience leveraging the Challenger framework
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.