Director, Global SMB & Partner Sales Operations at FIS
You will manage a high-performing team through a large scale strategy and process optimization effort. You will set the strategy, devise the transformation roadmap, and structure your team to deliver on the program objectives. You will own senior cross-functional relationships to ensure the success of key strategic projects and ongoing success of the largest sales force in the payments industry.
You will lead the process unification and improvement for our SMB merchants, identifying the must-have elements of a Small and Medium Business (SMB) sales strategy (e.g., easy-to-use portal, instant onboarding, tiered underwriting) and working with senior sales leaders, functional partners, and operations colleagues to make these ideas become a reality.
You will be leading a team of >30, including 4-5 Sales Operations analysts and our Sales support call centers. You will provide guidance, feedback, and coaching to the team to ensure every team member is operating to the best of their ability and set direction for the team to ensure all projects are operating in a coordinated manner.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders around the business, particularly with Commercial teams to ensure strong sales engagement, and operational teams with a large role to play in the sales process
- Work closely with the Product, Engineering & Operations team to identify technical solutions to streamline the sales process, acting as the primary mechanism to translate commercial needs and feedback into tangible system enhancements
- Communicate clearly, effectively and with authority with FIS Executives. Articulate the value your team is delivering and seek alignment on priorities and proposed solutions
- Manage projects effectively. Create clear project plans, engage a full network of stakeholders across the organization, report on progress and leverage more junior members of the team for support
- Work with your team to drive innovation and put forward new growth ideas. Build business cases to seek funding as needed
- Manage a team effectively, providing regular feedback and creating development opportunities. Address under-performance if necessary and manage the team's workload and priorities to ensure high productivity and team morale. You will be in charge of interviewing and hiring new team members if vacancies occur
- Identify and track the KPIs best used to gauge process efficiency and diagnose issues. Deliver trackable improvements to key metrics in line with strategy
- Build, maintain, and promote positive professional working relationships with senior leaders across various functions
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.