We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙350,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙150,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% support emails answered in two hours or less.
🐙Over 25,000 companies use Octopus Deploy, including (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Octopus has a long-term vision, a strategic roadmap for the product and business, objectives we want to hit, and a time frame in which we want to achieve these goals. To help us achieve these objectives, we are looking for a Director for our international Customer Success Management team. You will work with the VP of Customer Success and the Customer Success Group management team to build a world-class team of CSMs with the right people and values and is organized, creative and disciplined enough to meet our objectives.
This full-time remote position reports to our VP of Customer Success. The position requires a dedicated working space with minimal distractions as well as a reliable broadband connection to conduct video-based meetings. Some travel will be required.
OTE range: USD $170,000-200,000 pa (based on experience) + stock options + benefits
Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
You'll Be A Great Fit For This Role If You:
- Can demonstrate several years of experience operating at a Director level, preferably in the DevOps space
- Have developed playbooks and processes to successfully define and design the customer's journey, including key customer interactions, expected value propositions, and metrics.
- Experience managing Enterprise accounts, ideally Global 200
- Have been responsible for >30mm ARR (scaling)
- Have proven experience leading and scaling a CS function to >15 people in multiple timezones
- Enjoy being a positive contributor to how we approach people and culture in the Customer Success Group. This includes hiring, performance reviews, culture fit, and how we pay.
- Are comfortable reinforcing our cultural values (bias for action, organic decision-making, helping out, and customer empathy) as this comes naturally to you.
- Demonstrate experience with ensuring compliance with business objectives.
- Have used Zendesk and/or Salesforce in the past, including their reporting features.
- Enjoy proactively coaching people, accelerating them along their personal growth trajectory while also recognizing and managing underperformance where needed.
- Skillfully manages in all directions and raises the CS group's contributions within the organisation.
- Love maintaining or improving customer perception of the quality and trustworthiness of our product (Octopus Deploy)
- Bonus points if you are multilingual (French, German or Portuguese)
A Typical Day Might Include:
- Taking responsibility for the people in your team, the way they work, and the results they deliver.
- Developing and maintaining playbooks for key phases of the customer journey including Onboarding, Adoption, Renewal and Expansion.
- Developing, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with your teams and Octopus Deploy’s SLAs, OKR’s, KPI’s and overall business objectives.
- Ensuring that we are providing proactive engagements with our customers with the aim of reducing the number of inbound customer requests.
- Empowering the team to get things done and driving results collaboratively.
- Recognizing dysfunction in the team and working effectively to resolve it.
- Clarifying goals, roles, and execution plans for the team.
- Helping the team to understand the company strategy and how they are contributing to the big picture.
- Proactively coaching people, accelerating them along their personal growth trajectory.
- Giving radically candid feedback to your team members, which is timely, actionable, and helpful.
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- Annual leave of 25 x days.
- Parents receive 12 weeks of fully Paid Parental Leave.
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of disability, please let us know and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How to Apply:
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the USA.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]
Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.
More Information on Octopus Deploy
Octopus Deploy operates in the Software industry. Octopus Deploy was founded in 2012. It has 222 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Open door policy, OKR operational model, Team based strategic planning, Flexible work schedule, Remote work program and Documented equal pay policy. To see all 1 open jobs at Octopus Deploy, click here.
Read Full Job Description