Director, Customer Success at Mainstay
Are you an entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, and energetic customer success leader? Do you love working on new and exciting problems, driving large scale social impact, and helping solve unique scalability challenges? Mainstay is looking for a Director of Customer Success to own the strategic direction of the organization as well as guide, grow, & coach our high-performing customer success teams!
Who We Are
At Mainstay, we believe one conversation can spark a brighter future. Our Engagement Platform makes it easy for colleges and businesses to start and measure conversations that drive action at scale. From our rigorous research methods to our Behavioral Intelligence framework - everything we do is designed to help people take the next step toward achieving their goals.
The Director of Customer Success position is responsible for managing part of an existing organization of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) who are responsible for our Customers’ Journeys - from their onboarding experience to their renewals and from the most basic usage of our software and services to being a strategic partner.. This role will balance both setting the direction of the CSM team with the daily enablement and coaching of the organization. This is a leadership role within the organization which will report into the current head of Customer Success.
At Mainstay our customer happiness and success targets aren’t just a number to strive for; it is our driving focus. The more partners we successfully implement and grow, the more students have access to the support they need to be successful through college and beyond. As such, in addition to fostering a healthy competitive spirit, we value authentic and kind leadership and strive to always be a deliberately developmental organization. We are seeking a leader who can balance both attracting new talent and empowering and growing our current team.
What You’ll Own
- Lead the CSM organization responsible for the annual net recurring revenue number (NRR), NPS, and Customer Journey
- Partner cross functionally with other leaders to define and find growth opportunities within the higher education market and beyond
- Be a part of the leadership team helping make strategic decisions regarding the business and bringing them to the organization
- Leverage your knowledge of the current state of customer values, needs, and goals to own, design, and modify a customer journey that matches
People Development and Success
- Partner directly with CSMs on all aspects of people development and success
- Recruit, onboard, and train new employees into the CSM organization
- Combine quantitative data and qualitative context (through call recordings, live monitoring, email review, etc.) to identify skill gaps and growth opportunities for the CSM organization
- Build a team that is focused on constantly leveraging a growth mindset
What You’ll Have
- 3+ years of management experience of a customer success team
- Historical success as a front line CSM and as a leader of CSM’s managing enterprise and VIP level accounts
- Higher Education experience - as a vendor or in an institution directly
- Enablement or Consulting experience is a plus
Mainstay is committed to creating a company where all employees regardless of background can show up and feel they belong. This is an ongoing journey, and we welcome questions one here we’re at during your interview process. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.