Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the role
As Director of Customer Success, you will provide strategic direction, leadership, development, and management for our customer success team. Your job will be to innovate, inspire, tinker, measure, and report on customer satisfaction in our entire worldwide customer base. You will be the conduit between the customer success team, other departments, and internal stakeholders developing a trusted advisor relationship that enables rapid, focused, resolution for our customers.
This role is a combination of leadership and operational skills to manage a diverse geographically distributed team; remote, onshore, & offshore. You lead by inspiring your teams to deliver exceptional customer experience. Your exceptional operational skills, including a focus on important metrics, will allow you to continue to elevate our customer experience and our team's skills.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the global team’s overall performance for customer service needs through omnichannels
- Closely coordinate with Success Managers to support service levels and customer experience and take appropriate actions to correct when needed, implementing and tracking industry-leading KPIs
- Work with Product and Technical groups to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Act as a senior-level escalation point for customer issues
- Identify common problems found in / reported by the customer base (training, product, docs, etc.) and develop action plans to address
- Provide weekly dashboard with KPIs showing team performance, customer success, escalated accounts, potential escalations, and other KPIs as agreed upon
- Oversee the development and deployment of customer solutions as customer/team needs evolve
- Identify product enhancements, Knowledge Base articles, and Training needs
- Regularly meet with customers to understand their needs and develop support plans
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing global customer contact centers in financial services
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer-facing financial services
- Demonstrated success creating, managing, and reporting on department budgets
- Strong customer advocate - knows the customer is always right (except when they're not - and knows how to spot the difference)
- Handles and diffuses customer escalations with ease
- Knows how to measure and increase customer satisfaction (what tools, what KPIs, what moves the needle)
- Success building teams who are passionate about providing the best customer experience
And these skills are a bonus:
- Knowledge of Zendesk and Salesforce
- Consumer facing financial services in credit cards
Our interview process at Self is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team.
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.