Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Success team within our Customer organization is focused on engaging and growing our customers throughout their Mailchimp journey. Our team uses a consultative approach to guide customers through their customer lifecycle, surfacing ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities in support of our customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer advocacy. We connect with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers. We collaborate internally with Customer Care, Product, Marketing, Sales and Research to provide a connected experience for our customers.
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Success to contribute to the leadership of our Customer Success organization’s Onboarding and Implementation team. In this role you will steer the development of our Onboarding and Implementation programs, as well as grow and mentor members of the Customer Success team that work across multiple customer tiers. You will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Success professionals that drive customer adoption through effective onboarding and implementation initiatives, ultimately leading to long term retention and growth.
What you’ll do here:
- Define and optimize the onboarding journey for our customers
- Pioneer the development of onboarding programs across multiple customer tiers, both 1-to-1 and 1-to-many engagements
- Build cross-functional relationships with Mailchimp leaders to create a unified customer onboarding experience
- Ensure programming drives value for Mailchimp’s customer segments, ensuring they have the right products, services and tools to accomplish their goals
- Guide the creation of Onboarding and Implementation plays for the Customer Success team
- Work with other departments to coordinate integration efforts and ongoing delivery of our onboarding experiences
- Define metrics and KPIs that showcase onboarding and implementation success
- Implement reporting to show progress, performance and ROI of our onboarding experience at the tier, team and individual levels
- Prioritize a deep understanding of the Mailchimp brand and voice to ensure our onboarding experience is filled with special Mailchimp moments
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing and launching Onboarding and Implementation programs at scale
- You have experience in building, mentoring and inspiring an Onboarding and Implementation teams
- You are a strong collaborator, communicator and work well cross-functionally
- You are a leader in change management
- You are a strong manager with a track record of building and growing high performing teams.
- You care deeply about your team and their growth
- You have an understanding of Customer Success platforms
- You have an understanding of how to define health scoring at multiple levels
- You have excellent presentation skills, communicating clearly to all levels
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple initiatives at one time
- You have strong organizational skills and pursue measuring the impact of you and your team’s performance
Bonus points if you are:
- Experienced in working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Multilingual in one or more major European languages
- Familiar with Mailchimp and its features
- Knowledgeable of market and competitive landscape
- Knowledgeable of CRM and Customer Success platforms
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.