Director, Customer Success Management - US Central Region at GitHub (Remote)
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. We're looking for a Director of Customer Success Management to help grow a team of Customer Success Managers dedicated to helping GitHub’s customers achieve their desired outcomes. We care about customer success and customer outcomes, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to mentor and lead the team of Customer Success Managers as they deepen our customer relationships and are proactive with addressing issues and concerns.
- Own & Report on Key Metrics
- Product Adoption Metrics
- Customer Health Metrics
- Revenue retention & growth for existing customers
- Deployment & implementation rates
- Recruit, Retain, Grow Your Team
- Build & manage pipeline of candidates
- Manage against performance expectations
- Create & maintain a team-based culture, focused on customer outcomes
- Mentor & grow your team of CSMs
- Driving Value for Customers
- Develop strategies to expand engagement and enable adoption
- Build & maintain alignment with internal stakeholders in pursuit of
- Build initiatives to expand product awareness and identify new opportunities for growth for customers.
- Distill best practices across the customer base and develop repeatable mechanisms to drive efficiency within your team.
- Support the expansion and renewal opportunities.
- Voice of the Customer
- Drive executive alignment and engagement with customers
- Develop & support mechanisms to share customer feedback to Product & Marketing
- Develop organizational super fans to help evangelize within customer organizations and externally with other GitHub customers.
- 5-7 years management experience leading teams in a SaaS company
- 3-5 years leading customer success, customer engineering, customer experience, or professional services teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage globally distributed teams
- Customer-focused mindset, with strong desire to ensure customer issues are resolved with urgency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially when working with internal teams
- Experience with executive stakeholder management and a strong executive presence
- Ability to travel approximately 25% when it is safe to do so
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in the software development or DevOps domains
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps, DevSecOps deployments or CI/CD tools
- Collaborative and team-focused, with a willingness to take initiative
- Preferred: Experience working in the software development application software security or CI/CD domains
- Preferred: Experience guiding enterprise organizations through transformational change in technical domains.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $132,000 to maximum $245,000+ bonus + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.