Director, Commercial Sales at Harness
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:08 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Harness is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. We are building an intelligent software delivery platform that enables engineers to deliver software faster, with higher quality, and less effort. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Efficiency, Continuous Verification, and Continuous Features. The platform is designed to help companies accelerate their cloud initiatives as well as their adoption of containers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Amazon ECS.
Harness recently raised $115 million in financing, reaching a valuation of $1.7 billion in just three years after launching from stealth. With a total of $195 million in financing to date, Harness investors include IVP, Menlo Ventures, Unusual Ventures, Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Sorenson Capital, and Thomvest Ventures.
The Commercial Sales Director is a front line sales leadership function that leads a team of Commercial Account Executives responsible for developing, managing and closing business across North America based out of Dallas, TX. This role will be responsible for running a regional plan, building out the territories, developing Sales Representatives within the regions, while implementing a strong sales methodology , working complex sales cycles, while focused on the Harness software and services. This position will report directly to the WW Commercial Vice President.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional plan
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Continually build and grow a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Lead contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer happiness and success
- Help to recruit and build Commercial Sales team
- At least 5 years formal sales leadership experience building and leading high performance sales teams.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Someone with experience in a start-up environment.
- Consistent overachievement in previous roles.
- Significant Software Sales and strategic customer development experience.
- Experience practicing and implementing a sales methodology, such as MEDDIC.
- Track record in closing large, complex deals across verticals.
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting.
- Experience in working with SalesForce and other sales oriented tracking tools.
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness snags $85M Series C on $1.7B valuation as revenue grows 3x
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Read Full Job Description