The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
EDB is looking for a driven, results oriented sales enablement leader for the Cloud Sales and Marketing team. You will be empowered and responsible for driving the success of EDB’s all new offering, BigAnimal, a fully managed Postgres Cloud service
- Report directly to the Senior VP of Cloud Sales and Marketing
- Focus on EDB’s new offering, BigAnimal, a fully managed Postgres Cloud service
- Enable and ensure the success of Account Execs, Sales Development Reps, and Customer Success Managers selling EDB BigAnimal.
The ideal candidate
- Driven by enabling sales execs to sell a new offering, and seeing the results
- Has sales enablement and program management experience in software and cloud
- Thrives on empowering others to be successful in their roles
- Takes ownership of the success of the product line - BigAnimal
- Has the creativity and thought-leadership to build and own education programs for EDB and its partners.
- The candidate must be accommodating to global time zones and obligations outside of “normal business hours”.
- Establish a strategy to enable our sales professionals to be successful selling BigAnimal
- Enable successful outreach, prospecting, and lead qualification by the sales teams
- Develop sales plays, content, phone scripts, email templates, and content for sales reps to engage with prospects
- Drive sales outreach programs and monitor them to completion.
- Manage and optimize sales new hire onboarding & training programs for BigAnimal
- Execute sales certification programs that ensure our reps are enabled and confident
- Focus on sales skill development (discovery, pipeline management, account management, win plans, sales tools, etc)
- Be a trusted source for guidance and coaching
At least 7+ years of experience in cloud and database sales enablement. Additionally, at least 2-3 years of direct experience (in the past 5 years) in the following areas:
- Speaking & presentation skills
- Ability to deliver training topics to internal EnterpriseDB sales & GTM resources
- Desire to speak and be in front of a dynamic team
- Sales knowledge & experience
- Information architecture or database sales experience
- Database ecosystem knowledge (e.g. Business Intelligence tools, Kafka, Openshift, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge and experience with sales processes and methodologies (e.g. MEDDIC)
- Knowledge and experience with SalesForce.com
- Training & Education experience
- Creating training and education programs
- Creating impactful sales plays, scripts, and email templates
- Creating educational content (PowerPoints, certifications / tests, FAQs, etc.)
- Ability to work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to create content & material for training purposes
- Personal attributes
- Motivated self-starter and self-learner with an ability to identify problems proactively
- Passionate about sales efficiency and effectiveness
- ProactiveExtroverted qualities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Team player – someone who operates in the open and solicits advice and guidance from peers
- Technology skills
- Experience with Showpad is a plus, but other sales enablement tool experience is beneficial
- Cloud Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with Cloud and the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge selling cloud offerings to business and technology buyers
- Database skills
- Sales experience with relational databases, ideally specifically Postgres
- Postgres experience
- 7+ years of enablement or training experience
- Ability to create public facing material (blogs / vlogs, social media, etc.)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request