Director, Client Success and Business Development at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Director of Client Success, Payment Account Solutions, is a client facing, people manager role focused on client operational support, within a cross-functional team for a Signature Visa client.
The Director of Client Success is responsible for client satisfaction and strategic expansion, staff development, process efficiencies, organic growth of the business, and complex issue resolution. This role will also be responsible for partnering with cross-functional resources to provide business development support.
This is an operational manager role responsible for contributing to the development of departmental strategy. This role is responsible for developing departmental and client plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities and applicable system enhancements.
- Lead, develop, motivate, and challenge individuals and an organizational team of professionals who provide account management, technical support, and customer service to a Signature Visa client.
- Achieve operational objectives through recommendations to strategic plans and reviews including preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, identifying trends, and resolving problems.
- Act as an escalation point for the team and serve as a liaison between senior management and the team.
- Manage all staff issues, including staffing selection, training, goal setting, coaching, reviews, compensation planning, and career development.
- Establish department strategy in line with broader corporate and customer service objectives and goals.
- Utilize customer service metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership for complex cross regional or cross-functional customer service projects and work towards achieving client and key stakeholder acceptance of deliverables.
- Build relationships with Visa client institutions and act as a liaison to internal Visa groups to create strategies to add value
- and enhance relationships.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts, consistently communicate situational status and resolution, advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing.
- 24-7 On-Call responsibilities are rotated within the team, the manager is an active participant of the on-call rotation responsibilities.
- Oversee, document, review, and prioritize new Payment Account Solutions processing platform enhancement requests.
- Collaborate with Sales and Product to present and explain Payment Account Solutions functionality and value-add services.
- Understand and communicate Payment Account Solutions processing platform enhancement roadmap to the client.
- Consult with the client on strategic changes to their business model, program strategy, and how Visa DPS can support their Payment Account Solutions business needs.
- Create ad hoc analysis or solution-related documentation required for the client in line with the adoption of new product features and services.
- Coordinate the introduction of program recommendations, new features and value-add services offered by Visa.
- Develop solutions and document scope, outlining any configurable solutions or other requirements associated with new or non-standard functionality, including diagrams and conceptual solution designs as needed, demonstrate full understanding of solution or scope.
- Drive internal initiatives with DPS Product to define and outline new products/services to meet the client’s business needs.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6 years of work experience with a PhD
- 7 years in payments, financial services or related industry, of which at least 3 years includes experience in prepaid issuer processing. Prepaid or Payment Account Solutions product/industry experience a plus.
- Executive presence and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication is required, as this position will interface directly with the client and other areas of the organization.
- Strong critical thinking and listening skills, with an ability to assess and understand complex business problems. Exceptional problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor. Ability to understand business needs for clients and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
- Solution-oriented mindset, with an ability to facilitate the development of creative solutions to business problems.
- Proven ability to perform detailed research and analysis, including scoping, development of high-level business requirements as ability to understand detailed functional requirements.
- Strong presentation skills, both creation and delivery of the Prepaid industry/market and associated product features and functions.
- Ability to maintain a sales-minded focus with the client, including the ability to understand and demonstrate how a product or service will solve a business problem.
- Strong personal organizational skills – able to track and manage competing priorities appropriately, working at an independent level.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with, and influence, cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Cross-functional experience with sales, marketing, legal, client development, finance, and product owners.
- Ability to structure, manage and coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
- Complex financial modeling and analysis skills desired.
- Business travel required.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.