Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Coursera Enterprise team serves global organizations, including leading Corporations, Universities, and Governments, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. The Enterprise team is made up of several functional roles including: Sales, Sales Development, Customer Success, Channel, Implementation Management, Skills Transformation and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, Toronto, New York, London, Gurgaon, Abu Dhabi and working remotely.
You will be responsible for making our go-to-market partnerships wildly successful and accelerating Enterprise revenue. This will begin with growing and running a joint sales engagement with our anchor technology partner, who is one of the largest global cloud players.
You will be tasked with interfacing with the enterprise sales and channel organizations of our industry partners to refine the overall enterprise go-to-market, build out sales and lead processes, identify needed marketing interventions, and then partner directly with our partner sales reps and internal sales reps to drive leads and close deals. In addition, you will be responsible for analyzing other new business opportunities that might accelerate the enterprise business, providing recommendations on these opportunities, and closing new partnerships where appropriate.
Enterprise Channel goals:
1. Drive indirect Coursera revenue from Industry Partner channel sales
2. Facilitate partnerships to deliver direct sales opportunities
3. Reduce friction for our direct teams to sell via partnerships
- Develop strategy and lead early stage channel team to become key enabler of Coursera Enterprise revenue. Build sales strategy and plan with industry partners in alignment with Coursera’s enterprise global plan and conduct regular joint business reviews to track results against plans
- Optimize Indirect Channel revenue - Select Coursera content partners can resell their content. Oversee the channel sales team to optimize current revenue and identify new partnerships to deliver channel revenue. Sample Industry partners include Google and IBM. Develop and lead Partner enablement for their success partnering with Coursera
- Develop Co-Sell Partnerships - Co-Sell partnerships align go to market strategies for Coursera and our partners where we can provide joint value to customers. Examples include large consulting firms such as Deloitte or PWC and ecosystem platform partners such as Workday or Degreed.
- Optimize Latin America partnerships to increase direct sales penetration into target countries such as Brazil, Mexico and Columbia.
- Identify key University consortiums and partnerships that can provide leverage to Coursera University business.
- Work with Coursera Enterprise Marketing to develop joint marketing programs to advance channel strategies
- 7+ years of related experience in technology partner management/sales, business development, or consulting direct management of team
- Experience setting up and managing successful joint sales and GTM engagements
- Experience working with enterprise sales organizations and familiar with enterprise technology sales engagement models
- Strong enterprise selling and client relationship skills, and demonstrated success in establishing and managing partner relationships
- Experience supporting marketing efforts or closely working with marketing teams to achieve goals
- Experience engaging in Latin American markets
- Experience engaging with Corporations and Universities
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Foundations of Business Strategy
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.