The Business Development Director will be accountable for contributing to the next phase of QuartzBio new customer growth. The Business Development Director will operate as a member of the QuartzBio sales team in leading business development activities for QuartzBio’s unique solutions in non-enterprise (< 500 employee) sponsor accounts. QuartzBio is a fast-paced and rapidly growing team, providing tech-enabled solutions to maximize the potential of biomarker data and streamline clinical operations. We support clients primarily engaged in the rapidly evolving field of biomarker-driven clinical drug development in oncology, immuno-oncology, rare and orphan disease, autoimmune, and other therapeutic areas.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Operate as a member of the sales team and collaborate cross-functionally to build a deep understanding of customer needs and QuartzBio value propositions
- Lead sales activities with customers qualified by the Business Development Manager in non-enterprise (< 500 employees) sponsor accounts. Work in close collaboration with the Business Development Manager to transition qualified opportunities and ensure the highest likelihood for success.
- Capture and maintain accurate records of sales conversations including key customer questions and next steps to advance sales opportunities.
- Work closely with leadership and Business Development Manager to qualify prospects and to implement sales strategies.
- Lead preparation for relevant sales calls and bid defenses, including summarizing recent conversations for all participants, and coordinating content development
- Expand QuartzBio commercial pipeline and customer base with an emphasis on developing and closing high value sales opportunities. Demonstrates strong consultative selling skills and proven capability to close sales.
- Meet or exceed annual sales booking target
- Maintain consistent dialogue with operations, delivery, and financial functions to develop and refine proposals, and to provide ongoing feedback into forecasting process
- Analyze sales data to develop insights and identify opportunities to optimize lead generation, accelerate sales, and engage new segments.
- Update and maintain SalesForce and relevant tools in a timely manner to ensure high standards of data integrity as well up-to-date data capture to generate accurate activity reports on weekly and monthly bases as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related sales experience ideally selling a technology or data service to biopharma organizations; or
- Master’s Degree and 2 years of related sales experience ideally selling a technology or data service to biopharma organizations or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational/written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Team player contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Sales Force Dot Com and other systems as required
- Extended work hours may be necessary to meet business demands
- Must possess a valid driver’s license allowing you to drive in the state(s) you drive in
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Ability to travel up to 50% - dependent on territory/region
- Executes time-sensitive matters while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Exhibits high self-motivation, and can work and plan independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, as evidenced by punctuality, ability to deliver on commitments, an understanding of the service culture and positive interactions with customers and teammates, including good interpersonal skills
- Displays sound business judgment and a proactive, independent work style
- Handles sensitive issues with discretion
- Works well independently and cooperatively with others to achieve common goals in a virtual environment
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens relationships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Ability to work with diverse environments, both globally and culturally
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at [email protected]