Director of Business Development at Dodge Data & Analytics (Remote)
Director of Business Development
Who We Are:
Connections are at the heart of our vision and mission. Dodge Construction Network (DCN) connects the people who build the constructed world. Our mission is to collect, organize and share information about commercial construction projects, people, products and firms so that they can find and connect with each other, enabling their success and growth.
How this role makes a difference:
Dodge Construction Network (DCN) is searching for a Director of Business Development with proven success being a Hunter. This role is within DCN’s Contractor and Service Provider Enterprise segment. This role is field based.
The Director's responsibility will be to acquire new Enterprise level business with companies not currently doing business with Dodge Construction Network. You must have a keen sense for attention to detail, service, and identifying opportunities. You must be strategic in your approach and take initiative in in identifying and pursuing the right prospects, the right decision makers, and then delivering the best enticing door opener.
This role is a remote-based position which will cover states and regions to be determined throughout the United States.
What You’ll do:
- Identify the prospects who have the greatest need for DCN’s insights and network. Then identify and open doors with the right decision makers
- Assess the prospect go-to-market strategies and processes and identify areas in which Dodge Construction Network (DCN) can help them increase their effectiveness
- Present integrated solutions based on the appropriate DCN products and services including Market Insights, Market Sizing Analytics, Dodge Advisory Services, ACCELERATE, and The Blue Book Network
- Display consultative and solution selling skills to successfully represent products and services to prospects through demonstrations of our software solutions
- Build and manage a strong new business pipeline to achieve assigned sales goals and forecasts
- Prospect proactively as an individual as well as respond to inbound leads generated through corporate marketing initiatives
- Maintain interactions through records management as directed in specified CRM system including demonstrating effective utilization of all appropriate systems for information capture and reporting
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and growth goals by securing new accounts
- Provide management with timely and accurate reports, as required, and maintain CRM database of contacts and opportunities
- Represent DCN professionally in all interactions
What You Bring:
- Only candidates with full time, long term, and successful track record as HUNTERS need apply
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- This role requires a self-starter who is intuitive, curious, confident, tenacious and bold in pursuing opportunities and growing revenue
- Ability and experience to easily source and cold call on new accounts is required
- This is a field-based position that will require travel and face to face meetings with prospects
- A strong strategic sense of successful go to market strategies within the Architectural, Contracting, and Owner communities of the construction industry
- 5+ years successful track record of consultative and solution selling skills to successfully represent products and services to prospects through online demonstrations of our software solutions
- Business development strength and insight to forecast sales revenue accurately in Salesforce.com is required
- Knowledge of general contracting/construction is desirable
- Working knowledge of all MS Office products is required
- Experience using Teams, WebEx and webinar tools is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required, including influence, persuasion, and group presentations
What We Offer:
Dodge Construction Network offers a competitive total compensation plan plus a full array of health, wellness and financial security benefits designed to provide you with peace of mind so that you can bring your best self to work. DCN is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know. We are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
About the Company:
Dodge Construction Network leverages an unmatched offering of data, analytics, and industry-spanning relationships to generate the most powerful source of information, knowledge, insights, and connections in the commercial construction industry. The company powers four longstanding and trusted industry solutions—Dodge Data & Analytics, The Blue Book Network, Sweets, and IMS—to connect the dots across the entire commercial construction ecosystem. Together, these solutions provide clear and actionable opportunities for both small teams and enterprise firms. Purpose-built to streamline the complicated, Dodge Construction Network ensures that construction professionals have the information they need to build successful businesses and thriving communities. With over a century of industry experience, Dodge Construction Network is the catalyst for modern commercial construction.
We are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran