You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
You are responsible for expanding Helix’s data offerings to life sciences and other industry partners. These include a wide range of offerings across both research and RWE settings. You are unusually perceptive and comfortable in any number of contexts, from early-stage conversations with stakeholders to structuring deals with executives to engaging with our customers. The ideal candidate will be able to own the process of closing new partners from prospecting new leads through to the structuring, negotiation, and execution of the partnership agreement.
You will find, evaluate, pursue, and attain new business opportunities for a targeted set of life sciences organizations, with a particular focus on retrospective and prospective cohorts in target discovery/ target validation and real-world evidence that are differentiated by clinico-genomic data. Concurrently, you will develop long-term partnerships with our clients in this space. The impact of these partnerships rests on trust. You will nurture this trust, understanding structures, and building meaningful relationships at every level of a client organization.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable delivering against metrics, have a deep passion for increasing the value of genomics, and love creating win-win deals, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do
- In coordination with Helix’s commercial leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence among life sciences companies, with a particular focus on the parts of the organization that can leverage large scale clinico-genomic programs.
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with Helix counterparts to determine goals and targets
- Apply knowledge of industry, market landscape, technology, product, and processes to educate prospects and clients on the business value of Helix's offerings and services
- Serve as the key point of contact between Helix and given partner(s), and represent Helix at industry events and conferences
- Develop deep familiarity and conversational fluency with Helix's products and how they can be used to solve an array of use cases
- Develop relationships with select partners to drive new growth and further penetration of Helix's products in the market
- Maintain accurate and up to date account intelligence in SFDC, including regular forecasting of business opportunities to sales and executive leadership
- Work closely with Helix’s Partner Success and Research teams to ensure successful onboarding and market launch
- Mission-oriented, with a deep passion for improving people’s lives through DNA
- 8+ years experience of prospecting, selling, structuring, negotiating, and closing life sciences, and/or health data partnerships
- Established track record of negotiating multimillion dollar deals, including complex deals that break new ground for partners
- Strong network of contacts with key decision makers in biopharma, as well as proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with C-level and other senior executives
- Able to create, qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to compellingly articulate Helix's product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority
- Ability to understand potential customers' requirements and how Helix’s product can address them
- Authentic relationship builder, not professional networkers, with experience working with a broad range of personalities
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities, combined with the ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Technical BA or BS required; PhD, or MD desired; MBA optional
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.