Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
The Account Strategy and Growth team drives the strategy, execution and scale of Motive’s target account universe. This is a very strategic team and plays a key role in our success as we move into new markets and geographies.
We are seeking a Director, Account Strategy and Growth to build and lead the team. This role will partner with our data science strategic analytics team to prioritize high propensity to buy accounts, run experiments to test signals, source accounts, work with the field operations teams to drive execution on these accounts and lead a data quality team to drive data integrity. They should bring experience understanding customer buying behaviors and identifying propensity to buy signals. This role will have four direct reports including a manager of the data quality team.
Your ability to think strategically, adapt quickly, and get things done will earn credibility with all levels of the organization. Your experience building and scaling teams will differentiate your candidacy.
This role will report to the VP of Sales Strategy & Ops and will partner with Sales Segment VPs. You will lead and grow a team to meet the needs of the business.
What You'll Do:
- Bring a multi-disciplinary and data-rich approach to defining propensity to buy attributes and signals.
- Partner with Sales leaders to develop a feedback loop on real time success signals to properly prioritize accounts.
- Develop a network of sources of accounts and data enrichment.
- Develop strategies for account categorization and sourcing as we enter new markets and geographies.
- Mentor, coach and grow our Account Strategy and Growth team
What We're Looking For:
- Curiosity, rigorous thinking, and a strategic mindset
- A demonstrated bias towards action, an ownership mentality, and the appetite to innovate
- Strong executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional initiatives
- Experience standing up a data quality team
- Success in multiple SaaS environments with at least one experience in a $500M / +100 SMB AE team
- Experience in the SMB segment
- Fluent in various data science methodologies to mentor and coach the team
- Has grown teams and managed performance
- BA/BS and/or advanced degree
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.