Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Deal Desk Specialist is a key member of Coupa’s Sales Operations Team and will report directly to the Director, Deal Desk. The qualified candidate will manage the Deal Desk function and support the sales and Customer Value Management (CVM) teams in successfully buying and renewing Coupa’s products and services portfolio.
This is a highly visible position which requires extensive interaction with senior executives and staff members across sales, marketing, product management, finance, support, legal, and professional services. Success in this role will require establishing a close relationship with key members of these groups, building on collaboration and business skills to assess requests and find solutions that meet stakeholder needs. A successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to proactively and effectively work together with all organizational levels within a fast-moving high-technology company, particularly interfacing between Sales teams and internal cross-functional stakeholders.
We are looking for a results-driven, self-starter to join our team. This individual will be a trusted advisor to the sales team while ensuring all deals meet the regulatory, auditable and financial controls that Coupa has established.
The main function of the Deal Desk is to provide guidance to the Sales teams in the development of proposals and quotes for existing and prospective customers to ensure that Coupa is able to win deals, increase market share and grow the revenue stream from Coupa’s Cloud offerings. In addition, the Deal Desk Specialist will assist the CVM team to help drive renewal deal closure.
The position plays a key role in the development, delivery, management and continuous improvement of sales training and enablement programs that aim at deal structuring, pricing, quoting, contract management, revenue optimization and competitive win programs. This position will require significant multi-tasking and willingness to take on various sales-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage the Deal Desk Function and assist the sales and CVM teams with Deal Structuring, Quoting and Pricing, Special Terms and Exception Approvals Management.
- Work with finance to ensure all deals have the appropriate booking packages. This includes fully executable agreements and proof of delivery.
- Assist the Field Organization during the customer/contracting lifecycle, from Lead-to-Quote, Contract-to-Order, Booking-to-Renewal/Cross-sell/Up-sell.
- Participate in the review of and response to RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s as needed.
- Establish and enforce contracting guidelines and methodology; work with corporate functions to develop and train field operations on best practices for fulfilling standard as well as non-standard deals, including communications to sales, services and management teams on contracting best practices.
- Train the sales and CVM teams on pricing, quoting and contracting models and best practices and consult with field teams on specific contracts where appropriate.
- Identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and creatively determine solutions in order to effectively resolve issues and continuously improve business processes and systems.
- Ensure and manage data quality in Salesforce.com for all proposed and closed quotes/deals. This includes special customer pricing, customer entitlements and deal amounts.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of demonstrated work experience in related fields; Software Sales/Software Accounting/Finance/Revenue Recognition/Legal/ Sales Planning/Operations or Business Contracting.
- BS/BA required.
- Excellent understanding of various licensing models including but not limited to named and concurrent users, ELAs, term and subscription-based pricing, as well as hosted (SaaS) and Cloud models; Knowledge of GSA practices and international pricing preferred.
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition considerations required.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills; program and project management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Must be comfortable presenting business cases and complex pricing proposals to senior executives.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Reporting & Analytics Tools; Salesforce.com and Enterprise quoting and exception approval workflow systems.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
More Information on Coupa
Coupa operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA and Reno, NV. Coupa was founded in 2006. It has 2472 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 190 open jobs at Coupa, click here.
Read Full Job Description