Customer Success Specialist at SchoolMint (New Orleans, LA)
SchoolMint is the leading SAAS platform trusted to deliver student-centric experiences in K12. We are driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management and student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company mission-driven by our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach and embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service.
The Client Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring schools and parents have a happy and successful experience with SchoolMint. Ultimately, the Client Support Specialist will ensure our customers excel at using their SchoolMint software, by providing coaching and training on the product, helping support a prompt resolution to any issues our customers face, and ensuring our clients realize their ROI of their SchoolMint solution.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage and deepen relationships with a portfolio of charter schools and small district partners, drive renewals, reduce churn, and increase customer satisfaction
- Lead annual retrospectives sharing compelling data around usage and growth and identifying actionable feedback
- Proactively understand client’s needs and ensure they maximize their use of their SchoolMint solution by growing customer product usage and up-selling new features
- Support annual academic milestones from updating applications to refining processes to working with internal data and technical resources to update student data.
- Monitor customer health through data analysis of product use, support inquiries, NPS scoring, and other health criteria
- Drive new business growth through advocacy and referrals
- Promote optimal product usage behaviors as guided by defined benchmarks of success for both frequency and depth of product interaction
- Create, own, and execute end-user trainings through product knowledge with the ability to command a small to large audiences
- Collect and manage product feedback from clients to share with our product team and participate in conversations advocating for an improved client experience
- Collaborate with team members across Support, Professional Services, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering as needed to resolve issues and deliver great customer experiences.
- Contribute to team initiatives, including the creation of knowledge, processes and tools to improve the efficiency and productivity of SchoolMint customer success
- Collaborate with peers on best practice sharing and solutions
What You’ll Bring
- BA or BS degree or higher
- 2-3 years experience in account management or customer success role at a technology company
- Experience developing strategies to increase the adoption of technology solutions
- Passion for improving education
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-stakeholder projects with exceptional results
- Self-driven, persistent, and assertive
- Enthusiastic lifelong learner
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Technical aptitude with a solid understanding of technology and how a product works
- Experience with training and/or configuring SAAS software solutions
- Experience in a startup environment
- Education field experience or operations experience working in a public school
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker, Totango, ZenDesk and/or Salesforce
- Background in technology
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages is a plus!
Some Awesome Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, and Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Commuter Benefits and FSA
- Educational Assistance Program
- Conferences and Meet-ups
This is an exciting full-time position in our new HQ in Lafayette, LA and New Orleans, LA. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a flexible work environment.