Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our Kyiv hub must be based in Ukraine.The opportunity
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
In 2019 Grammarly expanded its focus on facilitating strong and consistent professional writing across professional teams. As effective communication is the foundation of the modern workplace, Grammarly Business is poised to be the enterprise application of choice for businesses of all sizes looking to up-level the quality of communication within their organizations.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering value to key business customers, developing strong relationships with clients that drive adoption and high customer satisfaction, and gathering customer insights to be shared with the Marketing and Product teams. You will also be working with the Sales team on expansions and renewals.Your impact
Our Customer Success Managers will be instrumental in bringing our product to businesses around the world. You will be one of Grammarly’s Customer Success team founding members, building a next-generation customer success motion that blends the best of proven approaches with rule-breaking ways to create an end-to-end approach that maximizes the value of Grammarly for our clients.
You will have an opportunity to
- Successfully onboard Grammarly users by training them on the tools available, determining how Grammarly can help them meet their objectives, and creating a plan based on their goals.
- Conduct regular account reviews, sharing metrics, and insights to ensure that customers receive maximum value.
- Create and manage feedback loops, gathering actionable insights that will inform the product roadmap.
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and NPS.
- Contribute to content and process improvements across the customer lifecycle to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Builds strong relationships with people, understands their needs and goals, identifies creative solutions, and manages action items through to completion.
- Searches for reasons and causes. Has the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, make data-driven decisions, and use (sometimes incomplete) data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Has a proven track record of delivering very high customer satisfaction scores.
- Actively advocates for customers, working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, marketers, and others to delight customers and help them meet their business goals while being empathetic to other teams’ processes and priorities.
- Relentlessly sets aggressive short- and long-term goals and possesses a strong internal drive to achieve them.
- Identifies ways to create new leads and other sales opportunities within existing accounts. Has experience working with a variety of stakeholders, from senior executives of large companies to end users.
- Actively contributes to voice of the customer initiatives, provides customer feedback to other teams, aids in prioritization, and follows through to resolution.
- Uses systems (e.g., CRM) to track all customer-related activities and deliverables, pipeline management, and revenue projection.
- Works to realize business value and expand customer relationships through deep knowledge of customer needs, rather than a feature list.
- Has a general understanding of subscription business models, including freemium, free trial, account expansion, and upsells.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.