Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Coursera for Campus team plays a key role in increasing global access to world-class education. Universities are increasingly turning to Coursera to power on-campus learning with Coursera’s course and product offerings. In this important role, you will be part of a small-yet-high-powered team that is tasked with building out Coursera’s “Coursera-for-Campus” strategy. As part of the Customer Success team, you will manage a portfolio of university customers. Your performance will depend on your ability to balance account renewal, growth and customer satisfaction. In this cross-functional role, you can expect to work with members within Sales, Implementation, Partnerships, Marketing, Product, Finance and Legal.
- Own strategic customer relationships with our largest University partners
- Ensure customer success by driving adoption, managing partner relationships, conducting business reviews and sharing best practices
- Develop programs to increase engagement of customers and drive their key metrics, working closely with our content strategy, product, and pedagogy teams to ensure learner success
- Accountable for client renewal and retention results, responsible for identifying opportunities in closing additional revenue by upselling and cross-selling
- Serve as primary point of escalation when customer issues arise, troubleshooting, and ensuring quick resolution
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis to inform team decision-making and product roadmap
- Able to strategically problem solve with large government partners to drive usage
- 5+ years of account management experience; customer success experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated history in high customer retention, renewal, and growth; successful management of upsell campaigns
- Ability to articulate the power of education and learning to influence key business decisions
- Experience working in EdTech
- Complex account management
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Business fluency in Spanish
- SaaS experience
- Customer success experience
- Strong sense of customer empathy and customer-centrism; to convert relationship and value into advocacy
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking to translate data into action
- Experience working in the education or university setting
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.