Customer Success Director, WordPress VIP at Automattic (Remote)
WordPress VIP (WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We work with customers like Salesforce, AccuWeather, News Corp, Time and hundreds more to empower their teams to produce digital content faster and smarter, while also ensuring premium security and scalability. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive strategy and growth for our largest customers at VIP. This is an opportunity to join a team where your impact will be significant!
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our Benefits Page. For this role, we're prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the market of North America.
About the Role
The Customer Success Director is responsible for maintaining account satisfaction and delivery of our products and services to ensure a positive experience throughout the customer lifecycle. We are looking for an inspirational individual who can challenge and maximize the strength of the Premier Services team, which partners with our customers looking to transform their high-priority WordPress applications. You should have significant customer-facing leadership experience, an understanding of the WordPress ecosystem, and an appreciation for the complexities of managing enterprise-grade digital applications.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Customer Success Director role is responsible for developing and supporting best-in-class account teams (Technical Account Managers, Engineers, and Support Engineers) by acting as a mentor, coach, and team player.
- Oversee the customer lifecycle processes, including customer journey milestones, Executive Business Review delivery, and success plan creation.
- Partner with the account teams to assess and execute plans to address accounts at risk to minimize churn.
- Analyze and act on leading indicators for customer success to address concerns before they become issues.
- Manage escalations from your direct reports by following an escalation process leading to executive sponsors.
- Identify opportunities for continuous account management improvement, including creating customer success playbooks.
- Partner with our Product teams, Relationship Managers, and internal stakeholders to identify products and services customers need to transform their businesses.
- Represent Automattic and WordPress VIP and build awareness of our products and services in the customer’s organization (i.e., WooCommerce, Parse.ly).
- 8+ years of experience as an Account Manager, Web Delivery Manager, Account Director, Customer Success Manager, Customer Success Director, or a combination of those roles.
- Experience-based mastery of account management best practices and a demonstrated understanding of account strategies.
- Experience communicating and negotiating with C-Suite and other senior executives and stakeholders.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and customer empathy.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to steer and de-escalate sensitive or challenging customer situations.
- An understanding of Enterprise WordPress and our competitors.
- Prior experience in SaaS.
- Experience working in a distributed environment and with open-source software.
- Experience with customer success software is a plus.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.