Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You and the Role
Zipline is expanding our life-saving drone delivery footprint following the success and continued growth of the business across the globe. We are looking for an experienced and driven Customer Success Representative to join our New Markets team and focus on supporting our customer needs in Asia.
In this role you will drive customer success outcomes and a vision for the customer lifecycle, while helping contribute to the long-term success of the business vertical “PoweredbyZipline” (our private partner model). Success requires end-to-end accountability of highly visible strategic initiatives, keeping up to date on Zipline global expansion to new markets across the world, developing processes for customer success, coordinating and driving internal and external execution to ensure state-of-the-art customer service, and communicating to senior management on evolving needs as the business grows.
You will have a large role to play in defining the success of our expanding new PoweredByZipline business, and the culture of our team as we grow. There is a large growth opportunity here in ensuring the success of our current PoweredByZipline partnership, and working closely with our internal go-to-market and regulatory team on building the process and model of engagement with future similar opportunities.
This role can be based in West Coast US or remote in East Asia, with a travel requirement between East Asia and the West Coast on a regular basis. Fluent Japanese and English is a must.
What You'll Do
- Work with Zipline’s partners and internal teams to define a customer-facing program, set objectives, and outperform expectations set with external stakeholders
- Thoroughly understand interdependent aspects of Zipline’s business, including aviation, fulfillment operations, regulatory compliance, and value to healthcare partners
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand operational limitations, scaling factors, and risks to program success
- Establish clear roadmaps, goals for implementation, and communication model between Zipline and its partners. Understand long-term customer goals, and align customer and Zipline resources to achieve them
- Earn long-lasting trust with our customers by solving issues and concerns as they arise.
- Continuously engage with customer stakeholders to identify opportunities and risks, and present recommendations and solutions
- Map the customer journey, and report relevant insights to Zipline Sales, Business Development, Operations, Engineering, and Product Management
- Collaborate with a cross-functional set of teams to ensure our business is growing and developing with our customer needs as a top priority
- Continuously gather customer feedback in order to: develop standardized interventions that improve customer satisfaction with Zipline’s service; identify opportunities for continuous improvement; and share best practices across our customer base
- Manage customer success activities, including onboarding, training, and customer support advocacy
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience working in East Asia in program management, healthcare, pharmacy, operations, supply chain, or transportation
- Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
- Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
- Ability to build trust quickly because you are authentic, direct, and have strong empathy for customers
- Organization and analysis - you use data to make decisions, and know when and how to implement the right level of process
- Confident presenting complex solutions in a way that inspires your audience.
- Familiarity with the value drivers for recurring revenue businesses
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- A focus on continuous learning - it’s how we made it this far!
What else you need to know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!